Monday, March 23, 2015

Made It Through Monday

     Man oh man, I do not know if it's tail end of my cold, or allergies, but about half ten this morning I had to drop an allergy pill. I had the worst sinus headache. Of course dealing with managers who don't want to do their jobs and want you to do it for them doesn't help. The new system we have at work is very proactive for the managers. They actually have to go in themselves instead of having their admins go in for them. This makes many of them angry. Poor babies actually have to work. It's weeding out managers who just float by vs. those who actually work. Lol. I don't mind helping at all, it's just that I can't help all that much since our ability to proxy has somehow been taken away.  Wasn't supposed to happen.  I should be able to go in and proxy any manager to go into their desktop sire and see what they see. Right now though, it's not letting us so we are going in blind so to speak. I was able to help a few of them but several I could not and had to open work tickets for. Makes me feel bad, I mean I'm supposed to be able to help.  Oh well hopefully it gets better sooner than later.
     The days seem to be holding steady in the low 50's degrees. Spring is finally here and I'm thinking it's safe to say, no more snow. Lol but nature is a mother so you never know.
I just know that I'll be in NYC on the 10th of April. Oh happy day. I need it. I'm meeting up with some friends that Saturday night and finally going to that restaurant I've been wanting to go to. It's called Sidecar. It's in Park Slope Brooklyn. I saw it on a TV show called Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. It's a bit hipster, but I like the looks of it. It looked friendly and the food looked great. Reviews are on the plus side, so we will decide for our selfs. The mixologist there makes his own infusions for his drinks and I have come to appreciate this a great deal. My friend, who is not a mixologist by trade, could very well be one. I had several of his creations when I was in England. All lovely,  but one was just incredible. He won first place for it, and I can see why. It's fun watching him create his libations. Such care, all for a drink you might question. But like any well drafted cocktail, the proof is in the taste. I'm hoping this restaurants Negroni holds up. Plus there are a few more on the menu that caught my eye. Good thing there is food as I will be driving. Burp. Lmao
     Not much else, went for a drive yesterday, love it. Had a filling dinner with hubs tonight, off to the gym tomorrow after work. Going to see how crowded they are. I should be there by 5pm. Figure to get in at least an hour, then home. Just have to find my lock :-D
     So I'm ending this boring blog, not much going on. I'm feeling better and better, allergies aside. I'm looking forward to smelling Spring in the air. Don't laugh, there is a smell.  It's that same smell that just makes you want to bury your face in the sheets you just dried on the line in the yard. It's a freshness you can't bottle. This will lead into Summer.  Time for beach and wine trips in NYC. I remember as a youth, playing in the sprinkler, drinking from the hose, and sharing a Popsicle with my friend while sitting on the stoop on the side of the house. Such great memories. Memories are the best, you can play them over and over and enjoy that feeling again. I had a good childhood, lucky me.  One day I'll bore all of you with life in Suburbia in the late 1960's and early 1970's. When my biggest care was did I want to ride my bike to the park or just lay in the yard and get sunburned while my bestie got a tan. Hey when you are 11 this us a big choice. Lol. On that note, I say Ciao For Now.


No comments:

Post a Comment