Sunday, November 23, 2014

No Christmas Music Yet - PLEASE!

It has been a long time tradition that the radio stations here in America, will start playing Christmas music either on Thanksgiving day, or the day after. So imagine my surprise when I switch my cars entertainment system from my iPod to the radio and I'm listening to Michael Buble singing that he'll be home for Christmas. I roll my eyes and switch back to my iPod so now Bruno Mars is telling me he'd catch a grenade for me. Lol That's better, and I put my car into reverse, get out of my parking spot then off on my way home.  Look, it's not that I don't like Christmas music, I do, very much.  The music I like runs from the afore mentioned, Mr. Buble to Run DMC's Christmas In Hollis (which is the town next to where I grew up - cool huh? LOL) I also have an awesome jazz Christmas cd that's smooth as 20 year old scotch. I love Christmas.  My thing is there is a tiny part of me that gets sad when these songs come on. I don't have a large family, my friends are scattered so I don't wake up on Christmas morning and get to see the faces of those I love as they unwrap their prezzies. I want to hug and kiss them all and tell them I love them. That they mean the world to me. Truth is I miss the Christmas I used to have. Big family get togethers. Me, my Mom and Grandma cooking all night. Those days are no more. Everyone of us, all us cousins now have our own families. Different states and countries. No more kids tables, or tons of aluminum foil covered leftovers handed out to you as you left the house. Sometimes it feels like when my mother died, Christmas died with her. Yes it makes me cry, but then again, everything makes me cry. LMAO.
     I got my present this year already, I have friends who for whatever reason, love me. This is a fact. I love them too, very much. They are family, my family. They are special, hurt them and I will freak out on you and you will be the one hurting.
     So this was the thought running through my head at 7 am on a Sunday. I'm a bit broke this Christmas, so I'm thinking handmade gifts for the adults. The kids, well, it's Christmas. Always a way for them right?
     I'm out of here peeps. Going to put the kettle on and have some tea.  Oh my friend, I miss your coffee in the mornings, it was lush. But good tea, is always lovely.  So until later.  Ciao For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment