Sunday, November 9, 2014

England - I Have arrived.

     Arrived at Hesthrow this morning. Flight had a bit of turbulence but was fast. Good tailwinds. So I know know what it's like going through TSA security and customs. Not bad really. I will say Hesthrow is huge. My friend picked me up at the airport. All was smooth sailing until I couldn't find my suitcase. Finally did but not after I had a mini freak out. I was taken to Starbucks for a much needed caffeine jolt and then we got to his home where I met the family. They are the warmest, sweetest most welcoming group I've met in a long time. I can't thank them enough for all they are doing for me. I'm getting a bit weepy right now. These fabulous people are not only showing me this beautiful land but they are taking me to Paris. FRANCE!! OMG!!!  I will never be able to repay theses kindnesses , and just want them to know that now, that I've finally met those who up until this time were only faces on  Skype and FaceTime , that they are wonderful and I love them. Forget Buckingham Palace in the one being treated like a queen. My friend works hard and plays hard and has the biggest heart. Anyone ever try to hurt these people I will go after them and I mean that.
     I got to play with my friends sons snake.  Gorgeous oh and Oscar the family pooch is just soooooo fookin cute. Cuddle monkey he is.
     I met up with other family today as well. Mom and dad and brother and sister of my friends wife. Oh and the two nieces as well. They are precious little girls with huge lovely eyes. Was a lovely afternoon and u had pork pie for the first time as well as my first parsnip. I thought I had had one before and didn't like it but I was wrong. This was lovely. I couldn't finish dinner and I wa s saddened by this as it was delicious. Roasted chicken with a yummy gravy and veg and afire mentioned parsnip and Brussels. Then Banoffe pie for afters. I waddled off to bed tonight but not before a Sazerac nightcap. Was really good and OMG the liquor cabinet was a thing of beauty indeed. Can't wait to sample some of my friends concoctions later this week. I will be back in a few days with more. My heart is so full of love for these people and awe at the things they are giving me. Beautiful family and not because of the trip or sightseeing but simply by their character and if all we did was just stay home. I would be just as thrilled with my trip. In the local vernacular I am chuffed to bits. Ciao for now peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment