Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Feeling Proper Posh I Is

     I'm sitting having a lovely breakfast in the executive lounge, Michael Buble playing in the background. I slept with the Tower Bridge keeping sentry outside my window. I'm having drinks later on Canary Wharf. I am such a lucky girl. Some issues at home have crept up but as all storm clouds they have passed over for now. Today is a morning of recoup for me. My dear dear friend and his family/friends have made sure I have the most amazing visit. As I have mentioned PARIS was surreal. Was I really there? Yes I was. Now I'm in London. Having spent a week (almost) in St Neots. I experienced my first kitchen party. Very interesting as I spent about an hour of it with a turkey mask on my head. Lol nice time, copious amount of alcohol flowing. Not talking your basic gin and tonic. I mean lovely cocktails with a taste of lemon, mint, vanilla and caramel.  These concoctions were made by my friend and one other, well, new friend. I think I may have drank more in this last week than in the last 6 months. At home I tend not to drink as I need my wits about me since hubs has the skin issues.  He drinks to sleep and I'm worried that at any moment I'll have to drive to the hospital or someplace. So I nee a clear head. Which is why I may be letting go a bit more. I also know my friend will keep an eye on me and let me know if I'm turning into a total fool.  So far so good. :-)  I am in a bit discomfort this morning as my leg still hurts from the other day and my chest is a bit congested. Nothing serious but it's making me have trouble breathing do I am walking badly and stopping even more than usual.  He is taking it in stride and I love him for it. Today won't be too much walking and I'm grateful  for the reprieve. Tomorrow is a boat ride or a open your bus. I'm meeting up with another friend. I met her earlier this week for lunch in Milton Keynes. Will be a nice day. Then I'm off to Heathrow early Thursday morning. I don't want to go back. Lol. Plus I am so sad that I won't see my friend before I leave. Damn tears (again!!) they start when I thonknkf this. - yes I know. Don't think of it. Haha simple right? Yeah - no. Not for me. This trip has made me aware of so many things. Things that need to be worked on. Me for starters. I'm in pain. Not going to lie. But my resolve is stronger than ever. My hubs and I need to have a proper sit down. I need to improve my life. Steps at a time of course but I've allowed myself to let things slide. I love my hubs to pieces but we need to iron things out. My friend and his family, well, I love them. Those kids are wonderful. Talented too.  His wife is lovely and I'm sure happy to get her home back. Haha. I was made to feel at home the moment I crossed the threshold. She even cut my hair for me. Wow!! I was treated as family and also like a queen.
     My friend well hell, I love him to the moon and back. I wish nothing but the best of everything for him. He deserves it and if I've told him this once I've told him ad nausium how much I treadure our friendship. So now I've downed my last but of Earl Grey. And am headed outside.  I will be back shortly though to take a nice cleansing and relaxing bath before this afternoon. So until next time. Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment