Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl Sunday and I Don't Care!

.    I don't hate American football, over the years I've developed a lovely apathetic attitude towards it. I did my stint, I was in the color guard in high school. Was at all the football games. Our school had quite a good team. We also had a kick ass rugby team. Some division over in Ireland invited us to play with the boys over there, and I know we won several games. They weren't expecting the Yanks to fare so well I'm sure.  Surprise. That was years ago though. I watch the Barclays premier league games on Saturday mornings here quite often.  I don't shout about it though as I'm only in this about 2/3 years and I've not watched for years like those I would speaking about it with. As Mark Twain said, better to be thought a fool than open ones mouth and confirm that fact.  Or it's something like that :-D
     So it's been a lazy Sunday, reading magazines after cleaning was done. Enjoying a fresh brewed cup of tea and settling in for and afternoon of whatever. I've diced tomatoes, onions, herbs, and roasted some garlic. This will be tossed over our rolotini for dinner, with some pignoli (pine) nuts thrown in. Simple, good, and pretty healthy. The pasta is whole wheat and only oil is virgin olive oil. 
I must make a note that this blog will turn into a place of articles for things like this. But not to ad nauseum status. I mean I hate when people who are losing wright of want to lose weight canly talk about that. There us more in this world. On that note I will mention an article that was in Diabetic Living. I bought it, not because I'm diabetic but it had some good recipes listed.  Why not right?  Well this man is a reporter in DesMoines. And he was talking about his wake up moment.  He was honest and I tell you it's hard to always be that way when you have a great amount of weight to lose. He voiced in at 563 pounds. He spoke of losing his sense of being, all things he can't do anymore. I know all too well what he means. Now I'm nowhere near that fat but damn if I don't understand. I understand not wanting to go out, not doing anything, how it can be a struggle and knowing what you need to do, but not having the energy or even want , to do any if it.  Thankfully I have learned to do these things, I fail some days but that's okay too as I've learned to forgive myself as I alwatpys freely do with friends and family. His article was a really good read. The food recipes were very inspirational as well. It an enjoyable magazine and worth looking at even if you don't have diabetes or are boarder line on getting it and need to step up.  
      It's been a week of ups and downs for me, so business as usual.  I've learned that I can take my breaks and tell my boss I will do that as soon as I'm done. He's cool with it, but of course I usually just do it right then as that's just how I am. Lol. But I will take time in the afternoon to brew a lovely cup of tea. I use a loose blend. It's the Yorkshire gold I love but loose. I have my Doctor Who teapot that I rinse with boiling water then throw in my tea after I fill it with more freshly boiled water and go back to my desk and enjoy a proper cup of tea. I have my strainer for my teacup and my co- worker said when he watches me he wants to have a cup and he doesn't even drink tea.  Lol he said I get so much enjoyment from my little afternoon ritual that it must be really good. I laughed and asked how could he not drink tea, he's Indian.  Lmao.  
He's young and doesn't drink caffeine. He's easy on the eyes too. He's very, I'm not sure how to say it without being insulting, but very hi class.  He's not snobby but he's the type of man that many US men don't get but US women like. He's meticulous, but he also went to military school so that may have something to do with it. He dresses well, and he knows how to wear a scarf!  I know some American men are that way, usually executives, but even up to the 1960s men here were like that also. We've lost something I swear. Grooming and appearance say something. Although if you had seen my Mustang you would have though I lived in her.  Lmao. My deck is a different story, nothing and I mean nothing is out of place. I've gotten compliments on it. Someone sat there while I was on vacation and she said it was the prettiest desk ever. I have my bamboo plant, my teas, my pretty pics. Little statues, pink water bottle, pink fan, pink little Buddha cat and my pens and post-it's are colorful. My desk is very me, if that means anything.  Lol. 
      Hubs is just waking from a grandpa nap and the cat is upset as she was leaning into him but now she's abandoned her. She's taken solace in his warmed up spot on the couch as he's gone into the kitchen.  So glad she'll not be scarred for life, hahaha.  
      So peeps just dropped in to put down some thoughts and say hello.  Ciao For Now 

No comments:

Post a Comment