Monday, February 8, 2016

Ain't That A Kick In The Rubber Parts

    As we know I did not watch the Super Bowl' but they had a big pool at work. You know where you  buy boxes for money, in this case $5.00 a box. If you win, you get a bit of all the money collected, yeah. So I had a fiver in my wallet and well, why the hell not. I'll contribute, everyone was. So I wrote my name in a square on the page. Well this afternoon, one of the ladies says congratulations on winning the pool. I'm like I didn't win anything. She pulls out the copy if the original paper and asks me if that's my signature. I look at it and well yes it was.  How about that?! I won the 2nd Quarter.  It's about $75.00 maybe a bit more. What a nice surprise. Haha, yay!
    So basic day, not much to talk about. Oh but I was on Facebook earlier on one of the big girl groups I'm in. Someone was asking about finding wedding gowns in large sizes.  Her sister was having a hard time finding one.  It brought back the joy of shopping for one myself, and I'm being sarcastic here folks.  First off, you're stressed because you're getting married and you've had this dream all your life of what it's going to be like and what you will wear. Hell I had my color scheme by 4th grade. I also had just that at my wedding. Maid of honor in hunter green velvet off the shoulder gown with a glowing back cowl for knack of a better word. She looked gorgeous. Anyway, getting back to today. The bridal shops all mark the sizes down smaller so even an average size of 12 of 14 may find themselves in a 16 or 18. Not cool man!! So thus woman was saying she was having a hard time and without saying it I got the feeling they were strapped for money.  It made me think of my wedding gown just hanging in the vilest in its big pink bag. I thought well, she can have it if it's still in good condition.  It will gave to be cleaned again but if it's not worn and still good, it's hers. So I said she could have mine and put some pics up.  She loved the gown and asked to private message me.  We chatted and I was right. Her sister said things to her like maybe we don't need a wedding cake, or I don't need flowers. Truth is you really don't. If your marrying the right person none of that matters. So I said I will check it when I go to NYC end if the month and I'll see about the shipping costs.  She wants to psy that for her sister.  Her sister is very excited and said it was awesome of me to offer this.  Meh, I loved the day I wore that dress. But I gave no children to hand it down to, nor would anyone I know got it of want to wear it. So this way it gets to go to another happy party. We chatted a little and I gave her my number and said I'd call her soon.  I'm mentioning it here because if I tell anyone it would seem like I was boasting and I'm not. Just a nice thing to do. My gods, I've had my friends and family help me so much lately. I know how it feels to need help and I can help this woman.  ( crossing fingers dress is in good condition ) So that was my night.
     Hubs has a cold and I think he's given it to me. Throat is a bit scratchy , but had some honey and lemon in hot water. Feel better. Took some aspirin and heading to bed. Mardi Gras party at work tomorrow. Ooooh and pancakes for dinner.....yum.  So until next time. Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment