Thursday, February 18, 2016

Just Can't Fucking Sleep

     I have been horizontal in bed for almost an hour, I'm tired but sleep is not coming my way. Had a disturbing conversation with my friend about our mutual friend who died so suddenly on Valentine's Day. Seems she was speaking to the dead girls sister, she actually had an aortic aneurysm. Same thing John Ritter (the actor ) had. Seems she had a bad pain in her chest and called to her husband. In a matter of seconds her legs went numb. They actually got her to the hospital and operated on her. Somehow she ended up in two hospitals with two surgeries, ( I need to clarify this) but in the end she did not make it. My friend I spoke with got this from our deceased friends sister. She said it was hazy in parts as it all sounded so horrific and not real, like a medical tv show. This upset me so much. I have not seen this woman in years. Sure we always wanted to meet up when I visited but never seemed to be time. So now I'm here just feeling sick about the whole thing. Nothing we can do, you go when you go. That's not what I'm upset about. It makes me mad, the unfairness of it. But it is what it is. My time will come, as will everyone's. But I still find myself getting weepy.
     This is not the only thing on my mind, there's good stuff too.  My uncle is doing well. His eyesight is extremely poor, but he can still see larger print, I'm talking LARGE PRINT but it's a plus. Like I originally said legally blind is not total blind. I was talking with him tonight. My aunt had him call me to make sure I was okay, as she hadn't seen me on Facebook much today. LMAO.  Thanks for the concern dear auntie and I'm good.  Dad, well he's a kicker I swear. I told him to stay in last Sunday as it was very cold in NY,  I mean temps that felt like -8 on Sunday morning, but son of a gun, he walked to church. He told me he wore his coat and hat, and yes even his gloves. He worries me but I have to give him credit. He's tough! Tougher than me, I take after my Mom. :-) He said it was fine as there was no wind, so it was pleasant with the sun shining.  He's so cute, love him with all my heart. 
     Tonight, hubs and I tried this new hard soda. It was a hard ginger ale. Had about the alcohol level of a beer. Jerrys hard soda, I think is the name.  Drank it pretty quick, was sweet. Reminded me of the flavored wine coolers they had back in the 80's and early 90's. Think Bartles and James.  Or a fizzy sweet Blue Nun wine. The stuff we drank before we knew what was worth drinking. Although I can see getting shitfaced on this stuff too. Truthfully it's too sweet for me, and this is from someone, who at age 22, used to drink Southern Comfort and 7up. I think of that now and shudder at how sweet it was. I used to go to parties at a friend's boyfriend's apartment. He was older than my friend and in the music producing business. So it was a VERY VERY nice place, on the west side, midtown. Ah the mid 1980's. To quote Miss Babcock from the show Mame, " I lived!" Hahaha.  I remember one party I went to, this kid, I say kid, but he was about 20. I wasn't that much older, still way under 30 so there!! Well he kept trying to get me and my friend alone. We all somehow ended up in this butlers pantry type room or coat closet. It was a long narrow room. She and I were sitting along the wall, he was standing and telling us how great it would be, he would service us all night and then we would feast on him. I kid you not, this is what he said. I remember this very clearly. I couldn't stop laughing. I was in a definite altered state. Well next thing you know, the cheeky lil bastard, oh did I mention he was from England, yep great accent, he was sexy but blonde, well he unzips his pants and pulls his cock out. I looked at my friend, she had this look on her face I still can't figure out.  I was just laughing, in the end we didn't do anything. Had a nice kiss and he said he wasn't going to force us. We chatted later on that evening, actually it was more like 4 am. He apologized to both of us, I couldn't have cared less. I wasn't offended. Neither of us were. Alls well that ends well.  We went to about 3 total parties of this caliber that I recall. My favorite part of this one actually was when I got in with about 4 people outside  in the yard and we all started talking about the stars and what may be up there with them.  That was a great conversation. A bit new age and I remember none of the exact talk but I do know I enjoyed their company.  The Village , in Manhattan , in the 80's was lots of fun. I wasn't  a slut, don't get that impression, but I wasn't a prude either. I was familiar with clubs like Hellfire, Paddles and LaTrapeze. It wasn't an everyday thing though. I had lovers but I wasn't a one night stand type of person. Good thing too in hindsight. I just loved to go and listen to music and dance. It was great dance music, new wave, beat boys doing their thing on the streets , techno was starting. The club Magique, then became The Tunnel, Danceteria, Limelight. Then a few in Queens.   I'm having wonderful flashbacks. Lol Okay I will stop now, you don't want to hear all my boring memories. You won't have any reference points for the stories. 
     So now it's almost midnight, still not tired but I think I can fall asleep if I try. Weird blog I know. Surprised??  Lol 
Ciao For Now peeps, until next time.  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment