Sunday, September 20, 2015

Mabon Is Coming

.    Mabon is the Pagan/Wiccan way of saying the Autumn equinox. It's on Wednesday for us here in the eastern USA. This of course means days will be getting shorter, chillier. It's started already, kind of hard to explain, but you can feel it. Early morning chills give way to sunny warmer days. This will stablize and soon, boots and sweaters will come out of the wardrobes. Without really knowing why, people will start to gather more "things". Batteries, socks, food. We start craving, stews and soups. It's hard wired into us from those that came before. There weren't refrigerators to hold food. People forged for what they needed. They would salt fish, put summer harvests in root cellars. So that has become us modern folks. We keep supplies on hand should weather not permit us from going to the shops to get what we need. Still there are some that still  put up veg and fruits for later use. I want to, but need more counter space. BUT I've noticed my friends making mention of preparing soups and making bread. Things we do in the autumn. We can't help it. Lol  I'm planning some stews and chills myself.  I actually am planning on making a pumpkin chili tomorrow for dinner. I'm using turkey instead of beef to make it a little leaner. Would love to use buffalo but can't afford it right now.  And yes I said pumpkin chili. I make no apologies, I like pumpkin and it thickens the chili nicely, mixing with the tomatoes and other ingredients. Some light cheese and more diced onions as add ins, along with a salad will make a great dinner. I'm being a good girl, taking the BP meds they gave me. Keeping myself to about 1100 calories a day. No sugar. It's been fine. I'm in no way starving myself. I still get dizzy, do I'm not running around like I want to. But things are looking up. Oh eyesight still blurry but not as bad.  Yay :-D
     Also today was what would have been my Mothers 90th birthday. I miss her so. She passed away just over a year after I was married. She said all the time I was growing up that all she ever wanted was for me to be settled and happy. I guess she figured I saw a year married so I was settled. I suppose I was, I go back & forth on that. I wish I had more time with her as one married woman to another. I still draw strength from her words. I still can feel how warm her hugs were. Ah well. 
     So I will be going back to work this Wednesday, I'm looking forward to it. Getting bored I tell ya. Lol  I'm heading up to take a bath, then tea and a sugar free almond biscuit. These are really good, sugar free, gluten free. They are made from spelt. Called Aunt Gussie's, check it out people, they're good. Hahaha.  So okay, I'm out of here. Ciao For Now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment