Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Just Wondering

.    If someone helps you, is it there right to call and check on you to make sure you are doing what you need to? If you're an adult? I don't mean the hey how's it going phone call. I mean calling with practically a check list of things to do, even though you know what to do? We hit very rough times this past year, my hubs had to go to a lawyer ( house stuff) plus medical and house bills. I'm the only working still, hubs hits the papers, goes on interviews but to no avail. He's frustrated, I'm stressed, and I know his pain, and it hurts I can't take it away. With help we have gotten over the hump, but interestingly enough, family has helped, but it came with a leash. Hubs is breaking his back, cleaning and bagging, making the house look like someone would want to buy it. But he gets calls every few days to see how it's going? Has he filed paperwork, did he do this, did he do that. Don't get me wrong. I am indebted to them for helping us. ( Also to my own angel but that's a very different situation ). But today was my nephews 16th birthday. We called to wish him a happy day, and my BIL, just passed the phone over. No talking after the fact. It just seemed cold.  In my family, you helped whomever needed it. If you didn't have it, you didn't have it. If you did, you gave it and never asked about it because you knew that when it was able it would be paid back. That's how I am, I never had a lot to give but I would give what I could. I don't know, maybe it's my own guilt of needing help that's making me read into it. But I know what hubs is going through. We've had some very deep conversations and he even told me he knows I want to rip him a new arsehole, but we are trying to go forward. I wish I could fast forward to next year, this will all be over, I'm sure of it.
     As you can see I can't sleep. It's now half one in the morning, this is what runs through my mind.  We couldn't even buy him a birthday gift. :-(    Stress, yeah I need to get a grip and try my best to aleiviate it.  Not easy!!!!     I can say with a smile that my latest BP reading this evening was 149/76.  Yay!!  That's a huge step in the right direction, hoping the nerve palsy in the right eye will right itself soon. It seems like it's starting to.
      How boring am I? I've figured out what I'm doing for Christmas gifts. Homemade us where it's at this year. Bits and bobbles and homemade goodies to eat/ drink. I wish it was more but I can't really afford too much this year. I told hubs no birthday gift next month for me and no Christmas gifts for us this year. Ringing in the new year will be present enough. I hope everyone understands. Hell I still have to mail a prezzie from May. Lol Note to self, get that done at least!!
      I am going to attempt making a pork pie this weekend. Ground pork was on sale at the grocery store, I already have the spices and makings for a pie crust. I had a little when I was in England and it was really tasty. I'll let ya know what happens. Haha. We had pulled chicken tonight. Hubs made it in the slowcooker with some BBQ sauce then he shred it. Had it on the sandwich thins with coleslaw on top. Some veg to go with it. Made a very lovely dinner. Had tea and a biscuit while we watched the new season of the TV  shows we enjoy.  Then we went to bed, cuddled and talked. Cat joined us for a bit, but we weren't worshiping her enough, so she left the room. He's sleeping steady, I'm about to try that myself in a few moments. What happened to me, I used to be so much fun? I'm still cool as fuck though ( wink wink)  so I will say night night, good morning, and Ciao a For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment