Sunday, September 27, 2015

Do We Finally Find Our Peace? Sad Post

     Just was speaking to a dear friend. Hadn't really spoken to her in a few months. We've both had some health issues. We got pleasantries done and then she explained that her grandma is in a hospice. They took her off life support, she's holding on, but she's dying. My heart instantly broke. I could feel the pain even through her words. I wanted to hold her, tell her I'm here. So I did just that. I told her call me anytime. I understand it, even my hubs understands it. Anyone who has seen the life leave a loved one  knows the pain, yet not one of us can explain it. We all feel it differently.  Words can't explain it properly.   I know my friend, a strong woman, but I know she's hurting, and her mother is freaking out a bit. She said she feels lost that she can't help her mother, I said just be there. That's what matters. If you've lost someone like this, and I know some of you have, you know what I mean. I watched my mother leave, then my mother in law. I watched my father and his denial, I watched my husband's shoulders slump when we got the call, not an hour after his mother came off the life support. Death doesn't care if your rich or poor, black or white , religious or not. It comes. I know I hope mine comes quickly and painlessly while I'm comfortable in my bed and lies down with me and takes me to my next adventure.   We stand with those we love to support them, as we go through this final stage of life.
      I know, such a morbid blog, but I was taken aback, and the floodgates opened. My mind immediately filled with thoughts of lost family and friends.  Thoughts of family and friends still here came to mind as well. I have said , ( ad nauseum), how much I care for all of theses people. They know all too well, so I'll skip it. Next month my mom will be gone 18 years. A co worker just lost his mother.  Another one just had a baby. Circle of life people. Ain't no joke.  So eat good food, drink that good wine or fizz. Travel, meet and love people. Try every fucking thing you want to and if you look like a fool, well then, you gave people some laughs. ( Remind me to tell you of how I got out of the boat when I went punting in Cambridge.) be like Scrooge after the 3 ghosts visit him, giddy with life.  You read the paper, turn on the TV, this earth is dying, no it's not, religion is totally fucking us up with one group trying to destroy everyone else. Then the leader of another group travels and brings a new faith to people. Mother Nature is getting weird, no it's natural cycles.  No one knows anything and we all try yo be so fucking important. To have the top office, be better than anyone else.  Just be better than your own self  was yesterday, and for the sake of sanity, be happy in your life.
     Yes I rambled, it's half one in the morning here. Lol.  I may have had a little wine, but I'm happy! Hahaha. I will now end here, so until next we meet, a Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment