Monday, November 25, 2013

Well What Do You Know

     Came home tonight to no cable or internet! Whimper whimper what does one do? No technology, no mindless programs to fill the void, epiphany!! We'll rock it old school, actually talk to each other, OMG, what a concept. It started with a small how was your day? And an answer back, and from there it grew into a conversation, who would have imagined it?
     Wow, it's amazing how much we rely on these technologies that fill our time yet at the same time can, if we're not careful, overcome basic human interaction. We have a standing rule if no tv or computer during dinner. It's helped reestablish conversation. May not always like what's said but it's important to listen.  Good lesson in there. Lol
     Well hello boys and girls, Mary here coming to you at the start of Thanksgiving. Yes thus Thursday families will gather to say how thankful they are for each other and all they have. Then go out the next day and buy some more. Yes because soon it will be Christmas!  Look I'd be lying if I said I don't like getting presents, if course I love it, especially if it's a random thought, I saw this and thought if you, or I want to share this with you. Knowing that someone took the time to think of you, that's sometimes a better gift than the gift itself. I love that, being with those I've come to love and cate deeply about. Thing is, most of those I care about are no where near me so if course I want to give presents to these people. It's not going to replace a hug & kiss , or laughs around a table but it's my way to let them know I'm thinking of you and I care about you. I mean I know gifts are a poor replacement for the spectacular me LMAO but it's all I can do to let those I love know I'm thinking of them. I was writing out the Christmas cards for my Dad, and it was bittersweet. It was looking at his old reliable address book that was all written in my mother's hand. Memories if her at the same table writing boxes if cards, sad now that so many names are crossed out, some by her, and even more by me. Kind of a timetable of all those friends and family now gone. I got a little weepy addressing these cards. Oh I know I'm silly that way but it's like what I said about the internet at the start if the blog. Time doesn't stop, new ideas become reality. Some of us are here to see it, many have already passed on. How long before everyone in that book will be gone? Yes I love my family and friends dearly. You are more than an address in a book. You are part of my life always. Your names are written in pen, no erasure possible. So this Thursday when I sit down with loved  ones near to me, I will say a Thanks for all of you that will continue through Christmas, when you get my hugs & kisse disguised as gifts from me.
     Oh doesn't she get deep when there is no tv to distract her? Haha. Well I will say ciao for now ad I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment