Saturday, November 30, 2013

Early Morning Ponderings (ramblings lol)

     It's been a rough night peeps. Let's just say I went through half a bottle of Pepto
Bismol trying to keep my nauseated stomach at bay! I think the Thanksgiving revelry got to me after all. Now as I wrote, food wise I wasn't bad on Thursday. Yesterday was a little different story. Went to a pals (one of the two I have here lol ) and we ate a very filling lunch that included pumpkin tarts, that were made with shortbread crusts and a vanilla glaze. Very rich, very good and a million calories I'm sure. That was along with a full lunch of course. Wrote out Christmas cards so not much movement there. Then for dinner we had a full repeat of the night before. Then only Goddess knows why, we had panettone bread pudding. Yes, when I'm a bad calorie girl I don't do it half assed. Lol
Well, around 9pm my body said, "GIRL, YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU PUT IN ME THESE LAST FEW DAYS?!" Needless to say what happened next wasn't pretty! So after that toilet run, I lay down, only to get up, what seemed like every hour.  Lesson learned and will not be repeated at Christmas!  Ugh!!
     Speaking of Christmas, I am one of the 3 in charge of out holiday work party. I don't mind really. It's fun and a nice chance for people to chill for an hour or so. They usually shut the phones so everyone can enjoy it at the same time. We also do a secret Santa gift.  We have lots of new people so should be fun. Everyone brings food to share, our bosses bring the main meat dishes, turkey, ham, etc., and we bring side dishes. It works out quite well. I'll try a few Pinterest dishes perhaps. Heaven  knows I have lots of them. LMAO
        I'm in bed, sitting up, my cat is against my side. I've just been texting with a friend about a giftee fir his daughter and it's now sorted. I just wish I could see them open the presents, I mean that's part of the fun giving them. I try to imagine what they may like and I'm sure some things do not go over as well as others but my gifts to all ate heartfelt so I hope at least that much cones through.  Easier for adults to understand as I remember being a kid. Not quite understanding why something was given to me. ☺️Oh I love Yule/ Christmas!!
       Well I told you it was ramblings today. I'm going to stop as my tummy is not happy. Hate this, too much to do, and no time to be illin'. At least it's not a work day. So I'm going to say, ciao for now peeps, catch you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment