Friday, November 22, 2013

All These Years and I'm Still Not A Cool Kid

     Well I've been thinking tonight that when I was in school I was not a "cool kid" , well not in the group mentality. The cool kids were all friends with me on their own. One on one, or a few perhaps, but when a get together happened at someone's house I rarely was invited. It hurt at first but then I realized the ones who did invite me, the ones who included me actually wanted to hang with me. So all in all I was a selective cool kid. Lol in my late teens and 20's it changed and I hung out with the groups but I actually liked the core group better. These were my peeps. Why bring this up, you are all asking. Well tonight at work, everyone was going out to a bar for music and dancing. I was aware, but yet no one asked. The new girl even asked me directions to the place. I had a chuckle on that one. There I was back at age 14 not being included. But man I was clubbing in Manhattan, in the best clubs, The Tunnel then Magique, Danceteria, Limelight, doing things there these kids will never even know. I partied big time back then, tripping was a weekend standard. Did Rocky Horror, got invited to after hours clubs, and studio parties. It was magical, so I'm not shedding tears about not going tonight. I have my nights out, with friends I love. I prefer finer wines and better liquor. But getting down and dirty is so much more fun now. Lol yes I much prefer now to those early days, but thinking back from 19 on it's been such fun. Can't wait to see what's to come? ☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment