Sunday, November 29, 2015

Weekend Wind Down

     Sunday night and all is well at home. Been a time for a small shopping spree. Spree being defined as Dad and Hubs. Lol. My dad will not buy anything, he has no trouble spending money, he's just not the tape to make purchases, he's a great food shopper but as far as gifts Ho he's a money guy. He's also very hard to buy for. He's stuck in the 1970's. Technology doesn't come into play. Oh he has his cable TV and knows all his channel numbers by heart. We bought him a DVD player years ago and I think it's been used 2x, both times by me. So for dad this year, he's getting a new toaster and coffee maker with a new cool mug. These are practical I know, but he uses them every day, so we know they will be appreciated. We are thinking of a space heater that looks like a radiator also. He keeps his home at about 69 degrees and sometimes the living room and kitchen can be chilly. The upstairs is nice and toasty as heat rises so I'm not worried while he's sleeping. BUT it might be nice to have it near him as he watches tv or has breakfast or eats dinner. I may bring that when I visit on my surprise Christmas visit. I wish I had the money to redo the entire home. New furniture, appliances, an entire new bathroom and have a water closet built on the main floor so he doesn't have to go either up or downstairs. I don't like him climbing all those stairs if he doesn't have to.  Maybe have a cleaning team come in to scrub the cabinets and walls, etc.  If I had a few months to stay there I could do it all myself but a few days every month and a half doesn't cut it.  Ah my dreams. :-)
     So this week is our office gathering also. Making the cocktail meatballs. Some people asked what to bring so I asked them to bring fruit and veg platters. We need something healthy.  Lol. Looking very forward to the upcoming weekend in NYC.  Will be so nice. A bunch of friend at a biergarten, yep yep, good times. I'm also looking forward to going for tea on Sunday, this place uses Yorkshire Gold as their house brand, that's what I'm talkin 'bout!  Their scones are totally yummy too. Food food food, so much, but been really good. Thanksgiving the only terrible thing we ate was the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie and in reality neither is that bad.  But I'm watching but as I said, I'm not worrying either. BP is good and that's what matters to me. Health above all.
      Going to look for boots, see ya. Hahaha.  Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment