Sunday, November 22, 2015

It's Beginning To Smell ALot Like Holidays LOL

    I have to say I REALLY REALLY love scent. Bath & Body Works, Molten Brown, Pucci, Prada, Kenzo, Balenciaga, Channel, Givenchy, Armani, Yankee candles, perfumed bath products, powders, bubbles, not to forget rain (yes rain), fresh cut grass, flowers, the ocean,cookies baking...somebody stop me!!!  Lol.  
    It's time now for the winter scents I love. Cinnamon, cloves, mixed with pine and cranberries, oranges dotted with cloves as decorations.  Very old tradition. Going on tangent here, but ever wonder why people stick cloves in citrus. Lemons were used back in olden days. Let's face it, dentistry wasn't the best so a gentleman, when courting a lady, offered her a lemon studded with cloves. She would then take it and take one of the cloves to chew on, this would freshen your breath. Then they would have kissed.   Okay I'm back from tangent land.
     Customs and traditions, they do mean something. Scent plays big for me anyway.  All the scents of the holiday.  The scent of different foods cooking, all melding into one delicious smelling symphony. Then walking out into fresh snow, you could smell the freshness, I kid you not.  They can be overwhelming I admit it, too much of anything can be.  But I love these Winter scents, even in perfumes. :-D but that's for another blog.
     I know this is short, so am I. Ha! So ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment