Wednesday, November 4, 2015

As Time Goes By

     Tonight is my 3rd day I've worked OT. I will do what I can to get our bills paid. I'm not afraid of work, I am not picking the right 6 lottery numbers, so work it is. LOL
     I find myself with some odd rash on my hands. They itch like a mofo but no idea why. It's crazy. I'm putting eczema cream and coconut oil on them every night, it helps, but the air is getting dryer and I find myself scratching and I know it will go away (it's not like the thing hubs had) but it's just annoying. Someone at work has the same issue. Odd right? Maybe it's something in the work air. No open windows, one reason the colds and flays run wild through the office. Well - it will be beat, I know this.
     So I was going to start reviewing and DIYing. So I just saw that Melissa McCarthy came out with a clothing line.  It's at Lord & Taylors, not the cheapest of places but then again fat girl clothes are not cheap anyway. Not decent ones and many times, yes even if they are not good they can end up costing you big bucks. Flimsy material, ill cut hems. But to find fashionable big gal clothes takes a keen eye.  I like what I like, I have a look. I like tunic style blouses, flowy slacks, boots. I also like lace and a velvety feel. Sis has a great eye too. I love shopping in her closet. Haha. Okay, back the the McCarthy line. Color me underwhelmed. Seemed a bit dowdy.  Not one going to seek out, maybe on a sale.   So Rebel Wilson has a new line as well. This is sold at Torrid. I like this one better. More youthful. Some a bit too much so for me, but the prices are a bit lower so yay for that. I like Tortid and I recently found that there is one at a mall near my home. Awesome! I will keep going to Catherine's for work attire and I like The Avenue. I have good luck there.   Also there are stores I've yet to try, Asos and Modcloth are two. I'll let you know when I get something from them.
    My DIY started as I purchased a big bag of rice ( so inexpensive) to make one of my holiday gifts. No it's not rice pudding hahaha, you will see.  I need to start this weekend in ernest if I am to get them done.
     We have been so busy, to today we had 74 calls in queue at the highest total.  I gave not been on Facebook much and I went in on a break this afternoon and my friend posted herself playing and singing a song. I adored watching this. It really broke through the tense feeling I was getting from all the calls coming in. It took me away for a few minutes. Isn't that what music does though? She's come so far in about 10 months, self taught guitar playing. Excellent. She comes by it honestly, her parents are musically inclined.  They have been feeding us at work also. Bagels, doughnuts, fruits, yogurt, chips.  Nice spreads, so much for going low carb this week.  Hoping to start back on this idea soon. Lol
Well peeps, I'm going to wind down a bit more before sleep.  so Ciao a For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment