Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Just A Break

     So our heroine is sitting at her desk munching on a serving of frosted mini wheats.  I prefer eating it this way instead of adding milk. It gets too soggy too quickly and its easier to eat.  I had a cup of tea as soon as I got in but we've been swamped and I jumped into emails as soon as I came in. So now I'm actually having a bit of brekky.  Not been very hungry the last few day, not sure if that's good or bad, LMAO  I was put in charge of our office holiday pot luck. It's like trying to heard cats!  Not the easiest thing in the world to do. Very few people have gotten back to me in regards to what they are bringing.  I myself keep going back and forth on what to make. I think I'm settled on a corn souffle or two. They are easy peezy and OMG so very tasty.  I know we already have butter chicken, beef and rice dish, apple pie, sugar cookies, yep going to be a feast but to be fair there will be at least 35 people coming.  I think I will send out a reminder email, especially since we are off Thursday and most are also off on Friday. I opted to work on Friday as we are going to the in-laws on Thanksgiving and Friday we are open to do emails only so I'm happy to just go, put in the ear buds and knock out emails whilst enjoying my tunes.   :-D
     Yes the holiday are officially upon us I suppose, as I said in my last post, the scents are here. So are the mega displays set up in all the stores and even the grocery stores.  hell they had Christmas candy almost at the same as the halloween candy. Makes me wonder how old the candy actually is. Im not a fan of US candy. I like European chocolate better, its richer, less sweet and more satisfying, to me anyway.  I did see, in the UK section of our really cool grocery store, Terry's oranges. If you've never had one, you need one!! lol
     So yes we finally got our invite to Thanksgiving. I reached out to my SIL and she replied of course you are invited, seems she had asked my BIL a few days back to ask but he hadn't. Backstory, they had helped a bit financially and since then its been weird. I hate that, and the thing is if doesn't have to be. SIGH   But I'm glad we are going, family matters and I have such a small immediate family.  OhOh I am so happy, This trip I was able toget a few extra days off and besides the awesomness of getting to see sis a few extra times I am finally getting to meet up with a good friends wife.  I've known him for many many years but he got married and was living in FL so now they live in Queens near my Dad, and we are all going for tea on that Sunday. Me, sis, her and her oldest boy (at least) are heading to this tearoom that I've been with Sis. To make the trip even better, Dad asked me if i was going to make out his Christmas cards so I figured I would do that the Monday and I told him that we are going out to lunch to this pub called Trinity he likes. Its a nothing special irish pub but its close and friendly locals. he enjoys their cottage pie so I told him lets go AND HE SAID YES!! he never wants to go out, so I told him he can buy me a Guinness.  I'm looking forward to that. May see if Sis wants to come for dinner that night, note to self, ask her  lol
     Well Im going back to work and will end this here, So Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment