Sunday, July 26, 2015

Saturday Mellow, Sunday Shennanigins

    As it says, Saturday was chill, felt like I was getting a sore throat. It's going around work, oh joy. But by the evening I was fine. Tea and just basic cleaning then hanging out in the backyard for the afternoon helped. Basic cleaning consists of running a Hoover and dusting, cleaning kitchen counters.    It's just us two so it's not terrible, I do see a full kitchen floor scrub coming up soon.  My sis in law got a new kitchen floor. It's really nice and I'm thrilled for her. Personally I want a wood plank floor throughout my house and slate floor in the kitchen. I know I watch too much HGTV lmao. But doesn't that sound fab though? :-)
     So today (Sunday) we had a nice lie in. Slept until about 9, then had cuddles and kisses for sometime. Was nice and started the day in a good way ;-)  A nice cuppa and shower later we head off on adventure. I have never had a pasty, nope not ever. So my friend tells me there is a pasty store nearby. I look on yelp, great reviews, so let's do this. It's called The Pure Pasty Company. It's out in Vienna Va, so about half hour later we get there. So many choices, but let's go with traditional. We also got a sausage roll to split. Hey, they looked yummy.  Well my first pasty experience was delicious and filing. The inside was good, quite peppery. I did use some HP fruity sauce on mine which added a nice tang.  The sausage roll was very good. I'm not a sausage fan usually, she told me these are English bangers. So are they all that different. If so I much prefer the bangers over sausages.  So after we ate we went off on adventures. We headed around the area we were in, and found a great bakery making bread, with nice crusty tops. We did buy a loaf, it's all about moderation and well it was really well done. We got a raisin pecan sourdough. Hubs digs sourdough bread. So then we drove into DC. Went into Georgetown and went to the stairs they used in the Exorcist.  They are the narrowest, steepest stairs you may have ever seen. When you are not dealing with traffic, it's a nice drive along the C&O Canal. So all in all a nice day and hubs even cooked up some burgers for dinner so this gal didn't have to cook today. Actually I enjoy cooking. Lol.
     So another week starts, I'm ready. I trimmed all my nails down as one broke. No tears, they grow back. I'm not that much a princess.  So all, hope you had a great weekend and until next time, Ciao For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment