Monday, July 20, 2015

NYC For 4 Days Whoot Whoot

     So technically the 4th day was leaving and driving back to VA, but more on that later.  I left Thursday night, made glorious time. Got to Dad in about 4 hours 20 minutes. Very brief stop to wee, lol. Had our usual cup of tea, then I went upstairs. I'm not saying sleep as I didn't get to sleep until after 2. I never fall asleep right away, I need to decompress and chill for a bit. So I took my tea upstairs, put on my nightie ( it's Dad's house , that's a must do) and went online a little. Looked through my pagan websites and read a few cool articles. Some workings and spells ( no they don't contain eye of newt lol). Saw a cute picture I so can identify with. It said " I need to do a money attraction spell, but I can't afford the supplies". Hahaha trust me that's funny, and accurate. Hehe
So I got up Friday, made brekky for us and kissed dad bye for a few hours. I went out to the island. This means Long Island, anyone of its towns or beaches, for those unfamiliar with the phrase.  I ended up at the ocean. Not a big surprise really. I so miss it, where I live they have lots of lovely lakes but nothing like this. So I walked a little, feeling the sand push around my flip flops as I walked. Chatted with a guy who was walking his dog. Then I sat on the rocks, and closed my eyes. I sat that way for about 10 minutes, just listening to the water, the sound of the gulls and taking in deep breaths of that salty air. I opened my eyes and looked out. The best description would be that I felt renewed. I felt peaceful, my stress, for that moment, went away. Two ladies had walked near me and we're discussing the beach across the water wondering if it was Jones Beach. I told them it was and we then chatted for about a half hour.  We all walked back and I got in my car to get groceries.
     Picked up the stuff I needed to cook for dad. Made him spinach and bean soup, garlic and spices, it's yummy. I also made marinara sauce, and boiled some spaghetti. I froze these after I split them into meals. Leaving out one meal of each in the refrigerator for the next two nights. He has more in the freezer to thaw and eat when he wants.  
Was home with him Friday night, our neighbor came in and my dad was telling stories of when he was in the Navy. He was young, 18, so he starts this story about when he was in Oklahoma and worked on base. There were 3 women in the office, they all said Joe cute he was. He said they took him out one night, but then he stopped and told my neighbor, he can't tell the rest with me in the room.  Ooh boy , I cracked up, I said, Dad, did they make a man out of you. He just laughed. We dropped the subject but I now have a certain respect and a bit of a shudder about my dad. :-D
     Saturday, I was out with sis.  We had pizza and yum...NYC pizza, the best! So good then we went to Otto's out in Feeport to hear that band. They were outrageous, the guys were so good. Of course I think the bass player Larry was cute. I have a thing for bass, and drums too. But I tell you the guitarist Dave was stellar.  I was mesmerized watching his chord changes. At intermission he and the drummer Tom came and sat down. Dave did first and we were chatting then Tom joined. They talked shop about band issues which I politely distracted myself from. The Dave asked about my tattoos. They liked them and the birth asked what my kanji symbols meant. I told them it meant to believe in Japanese. Tom laughed and said if you go to a sushi bar just hold up your arm and point. Lol. I had such an amazing time, than you sis, as she treated me to the night out.  I even danced, yes sir, I danced.  A night for the record books
Well the next day, I felt it too. My leg was not happy with me, damn meds. So I did not go hear the other band. Sis said good thing, as the venue was packed in like sardines and it was extremely hot with no air circulation.   I will see them I'm sure at some point.  So I stayed close to home. Kept my leg up and then cleaned my room.  My neighbor and his wife came over so I colored her hair for her, then cooked dinner for me and dad.  I went out for a bit and brought home ice cream for dessert. It was so hot and he never buys it, although he loves it. So he and I shared a pint.  Not the way I usually have a pint with someone.  Lol. So I came home today and traffic was hell.  But I'm here. Had dinner and cuddled with hubs a little. He took my dirty laundry and washed it all for me. Very sweet thing to do.  So work tomorrow but short week for me again. Yay.  So until next time , ciao for now

2 comments:

  1. The cute bass player was Kevin. Larry was the bartender (also cute!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah , and nah Kevin much cuter than Larry. Although larry watches over the bar LOL

      Delete