Wednesday, April 29, 2015

May and Moms

     So, the merry month of May is almost here. It's a month I have 6 friends celebrating birthdays, 3 anniversaries, Mother's Day, and a partridge in a pear tree. LOL  So for me a few things are going on. Friday is May Day. It's the feast of Beltane. I'm probably going to be cheesy and watch the original Wicker Man, with Edward Woodward. It's actually pretty accurate, except for the human sacrifice. They may have done that eons ago but not now. It's time of rebirth. Plough those fields, start planting so fruits can grow, sex plays a part also. Who would have thunk it? Hahaha. Not sure what I'm doing. I actually think I'm going for drinks with some folks from work. Next week, I will be in NYC for Mother's Day weekend. I'm off that Monday so I will head home that day. It will be a treat to have Saturday AND Sunday to hang out with friends. Since most of us have lost our mothers, sis doesn't live close to hers, so we are all going to brunch at The Milleridge Inn out in Long Island to celebrate and remember our moms. Saturday I'm spending time with Sis, if the weather is nice maybe a trip out to the wineries on Saturday.  Who knows, I'd like to go to Janes in NYC Saturday, and who knows what else?
Another thing, in regards to Moms. A friend lost her Nan today. Very sad, but I was told it was expected, and she is in a better place. I tend to agree. We are the ones who suffer. Peace to her in the next life.
      All the talk of mothers gets to me a little. It pulls at me a little since I couldn't have children, but I was able to experience things I wouldn't have otherwise. So I think it worked out how it was supposed to.
       I know I've been scarce blogging lately, been busy. This weekend is going to be bed buying and maybe even delivering on Sunday. God my left hip needs it. It actually hurts when I walk. Not like I strained it on the treadmill, which I've been on again, more like my bone or joint is injured. I'm thinking of going to the doctor for pain meds. I wore a dress to work the other day.mits long do I wear my sandals, with a heel on it, but this time I wore solid black sneakers. Well let's just say, I almost tripped 3x stepping on my skirt. Lol. Graceful is not a word one would think of.  Hehehe
      Just lots of work going on. My friends you know who you are, I love you much, miss you even more. We will chat soon I'm sure. So that's it for tonight, until next time, ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment