Sunday, April 19, 2015

Beautiful weekend

     The weather was incredible if not a bit too warm for April in the Mid Atlantic. It was 85 degrees F yesterday. I was up early to get my car her first state inspection. I will have Tink a year on Tuesday the 21st. Hard to imagine that a year has already gone by. So much has happened. I finally got to England, whoop whoot!
     We have been invited to a wedding in California, one of hubs cousins have invited us. I'm looking forward to it. It's right after my birthday, would be a nice birthday trip. We shall see, think hubs is afraid to fly. Lol
      Man was I a cooking fool this weekend, more than just the regular fool I usually am. :-D. I like cooking for hubby, always live cooking for him and friends too. I still get teased. We used to go to each other's homes years back. Usually one particular friend. He made spaghetti or burgers. So I decide to have a dinner party and I make sauerbraten. Yep, it took a week to marinate or brine or whatever you call it. It turned out amazing if I do say so myself. The guy who ran the German deli gave me the recipe. It was his mother's. I made that, with red cabbage and apples , potato pancakes and homemade chocolate fudge cake.  I was teased by one friend terribly, but I was quick to notices her boyfriend has seconds of everything and three pieces of cake! She wasn't thrilled by that. I love making dinners, have done brunches too. I sit right where my mom used to sit. I don't eat a lot when I cook. One good advantage, as I watch the others enjoy what I've made. I am my mother's daughter in regards to this.  Fir hubs I made citrus salmon, tonight was spicy brown sugar pork chops. Not much sugar but a touch of sweetness with a nice kick of cayenne. Made enough for several meals do I don't have to cook during the week. Just some veg and dinners done. Enough food talk.
     It was a nice relaxing weekend. Wish Monday didn't come do quick. It does though, so enough boring only interesting to me babble. My bed is calling.  Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment