Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Let's Start At The Very Beginning

    So when I started this blog, it was for me to track thoughts as keep up to date on me trying to get fit. Well here we are about 2 years later, I am more fit and even with the loss and yes I admit regaining of some weight back, I am still down 55 pounds. Great right? yes and no  I should be much further along but I enjoy food , I enjoy cooking for people, I enjoy the act of cooking itself.  So this is going to be a lifelong struggle. I have resigned myself to this so with that being said I am happy with shedding only 55 pounds. I will shed another 55 pounds and then eventually another 20 or 30 or so. Im not going to lie , Im not a teeny person, nor will I ever be. My structure is a medium bone for my height of 5 foot tall. Oh yes I have stood in front of a mirror and looked at where my body should stop without my tummy claiming dominance of my silhouette. Im pretty, but oh man I can look a fright in random pics. As you can tell Im doing an honest personal study right now. Im not kidding anyone, proof is in the pudding.   OOO Pudding   LMFAO   I am walking easier which for me is huge. I am pleased with this. I get winded if I walk a lot but I'm walking and that's what matters . Not as much as I did in England and Paris, but more than I used to here.  I no longer look for the closest parking space near a house when i visit. WHOOT WHOOT  
      So as time has gone by this blog as become a place to bitch, to vent, to admire people, and today a kind of a do over re-start. 
     So much has happened in this time, I am not the same person, my friends are not the same people, I will say the good thing is the people I trust and loved I STILL trust and love and I'm getting the fact that even though I don't speak to them often I love them dearly. Some I see as often as I can, one or two I rarely see due to logistics. Still love them and still want to see them. This year hopefully. 
     I am cooking good food, measured meals and cutting back on carbs again as after all this time, I know for certain they are my worst offenders. I an realizing that a bag of chocolate raspberry milano cookies is not a single serving size.  I leave a bit of food on my plate now. Usually between hubs or the cat it gets eaten though LOL 
     I went out this weekend to go for a walk and it was just the perfect weather, it was low humidity, 83 degrees. A bit warm for April but the weather has been crazy from the start. Roll with it I say. I am tempted to go buy some of these cool looking veg pods I saw advertised. I dont really have enough sunlight in our yard but I'm thinking if I get some larger planters I can do some tomatoes and put the planters in the sun.  I adore fresh tomatoes.  I always get them at the farmers markets when I go. 
    So on the home front we are finally getting a new mattress. Its actually an used new one. My in-laws had bought a king mattress last year, actually not even a year and they now have and an adjustable bed so we are taking theirs. Its like new, I know them so I am not worried about it being clean, and the price is right. :-D   This is a good thing as hubs still has not gotten work. he was very hopeful on his last interview but its been over a week and he has heard nothing. He called and left VM. No return call so he figures they are not hiring him and just not answering. I HATE that. It seems so rude. At least let the applicant know you are going another route. Doing it this way just keeps one hopeful and it just lends itself to more upset when you know they are not hiring you. I dont know if its age, maybe hubs suit isn't the right cut or designer ? Who the hell knows  He is more than qualified for all of the jobs he is looking at. This morning he told me hes going ot deliver pizza until he finds another job so at least he will be bringing in some cash. Not that thats anything to be ashamed of, its honest work, but he's not a college kid or retired. he has so much to give a company and it makes me sad he is at the point of settling. I mean he will not stop looking and interviewing, but if he does do this he will be gone at night. Not sure I like that all the time. sigh.....
     Dad is great though, he said that it was so windy in NYC yesterday. I laughed and asked him if it bothered him to have all his hair blowing around.  if you saw my dad that would make you laugh as he is almost totally bald, sans a few stray hairs on his head that will not sucumb to time. He laughed hard at it. As I enjoyed making him laugh, Love him so!  
     This brings me to the end for today. So onward and upward I say, heres to more boring blogs to come, more weight loss triumphs and fails, Until next time Ciao For Now 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment