Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gods I Needed That

     Well, I'm a little tired from all the driving but I got the injection of NYC I needed. I drove under clear skies, and very little traffic, got to my Dad's in about 4 1/2 hours. I lucked out as earlier they had predicted rain. I adore a good thunderstorm but not driving in it. Anyway, back on topic. It was a relaxing day, ran some errands for my dad, he's getting on and I tried to clean things without him noticing. Joke is that in one breath he tells me to relax, next breath, he's asking me to do laundry. Well I spent my time, doing said laundry, and all his dishes. Dad has one plate, bowl, mug. The rest sit there and get so dusty.  Fast forward, sis came over, and as usual, she gifted me with some sneakers. I forgot to ask why she didn't want them, but I so like them. The black ones will work for those days at work you don't feel like heels and the white eyelet ones will go nicely with the dress the girl at work is making for me.  I also got a very cool necklace set, I already wore the ring and earrings Saturday night.  And speaking of....I had an amazing time. The place we went to was featured on a show called diners, drive in and dives on food network. Thinking of trying a few places featured that we can get to. Sidecar was on point!! It has a Manhattan feel, but is in Brooklyn. The place used to be a speakeasy and in places you can see this. The ceiling is one of them. Old fashioned tin ceilings are still up, nice long bar on one side, tables along the other.  I wanted to try all the drinks. Had some stout (as soon as we got there) and negroni. The juke box, yes juke box, was cranking out music from the last 4 decades. At one point in the night, I had my hands up in the air twisting my round little body in dance moves from the butt up. I was having fun. Sis enjoyed herself as she made her way to the booth next to us. We made friends with the group there, fun but oh so drunk people. Awesome!!  Our waiter Alan, was just the cutest, sweetheart. He was friendly and social. Also attentive and seemed to know when drinks needed refills. It was fun going to a new place. I smiled my entire weekend. When I'm with these people I get rejuvenated. Plus seeing my dad is always a good thing.
     Now I thought perhaps our waiter had a boyfriend at home, turns out he has a girlfriend, and she's from Ireland. So of course caught up in our festive mood, I say "and your always after her lucky charms" Alan thought that was funny, but them a friend say " of course, she's magically delicious" oh snap, we all cracked up at that.     One highlight and good laugh came at the end of the night, I am coming out of the toilet and sis is waiting turn. Well I had tried to steer clear of the toilet paper on the floor, and thought I had. But no, it was stuck on the heel of my boot. Sis comes up behind me and puts her foot on it so I didn't trail this on my heel as I walked to the front. Oh man, I would have been embarrassed lmao. Can you imagine, trying to look all cool and together with TP dragging behind you.
     The place is hipster, funky, neighborhood haunt and awesome, I will be back. More places to try though first. There is a fish n chips place that also was featured on triple D, also in Brooklyn. Run by a man from England. Speaking of England , ooh wasn't that a great segue? My friend went to a costume party over the weekend, his costume was awesome, must say so. Shout out to him as he sometimes reads this blog. You looked great my friend. Xx
     So I am ending here still smiling. I already can't wait to get back home though. Beach and wine time will be soon, whoot whoot.  Lol.  Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment