Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Not Really A Blog

More of a statement.  I realized this morning that I never actually said thank you to my co worker yesterday: (prior to this we had spoken a few weeks back that she was going to be laid off)  it went like this -
Co- worker - "girl, you are looking finer every day. You really can see your efforts, you're whittling away
Me: " awe , I'm working on it, ( we get interrupted as someone gets on elevator )
We get to our floor
Co-worker - "Bye, enjoy the day
Me: "You too, have a good one
Hands wave, we go separate ways.   Day crazy busy. Today I look for her to say thank you because her comment the day before was so nice to hear. She doesn't see me every day, so she actually could see a difference. So I went to the other side of the office and went to her cubicle and it was empty. Asked another worker, where was she. Seems yesterday was her last day. I knew she would be laid off just thought it was the end of the month.  I feel really bad. Why the fuck didn't I say thank you right away?! I need to look her up on Facebook at least to message my thanks and let her know that her words meant something to me.
      I know it seems that every day people speak just to hear their own voices, as a customer service rep I can fully attest to this, but this lady gave me a good feeling! She didn't have to mention a damn thing, but she did. I know it sounds like I'm making a huge thing out of something she is not losing sleep over but still we all know I'm so even keel I never obsess. Lmfao at that statement. And you know I will find a way to say it to her. I guess I'm just saying, if someone says something nice or something that lifts your spirits, let them know you appreciate it. It's wonderful to get a gift like that when you don't expect it.  Oh yes,  my inner philosopher comes out after 11pm. Just was on my mind so I thought I'd share.  Okay, sleepy time. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment