Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hell Yeah I'm Proud Of Myself

     Explain that statement you ask? Okay, today was shit!! Week actually has not been the best, first no bonuses or raises this year. Okay, suck it up, I have a job in a bad economy. Well today we are informed of some news that I can't really discuss as it's confidential for the moment but it effects us. NOT happy but again I repeat to myself - I have a job in a bad economy. I repeat this over and over. I like who I work with,  but damn, left field shot one out. Sorry to be vague but I have to be right now. Will tell ya next week when it's public knowledge. So the reason I'm proud of myself is simple. I didn't leave the office tonight and get a extra large pizza and bring it home for dinner. Oh I so wanted to. But nope, I had a naked burrito. It was comfort food enough to satisfy my need but without the actual burrito wrap the calories went way down.  I'm proud because I broke a routine of reacting first, and thinking later. This is huge for me. Last year I would have been on the third slice feeling a bit full and them guilty for eating those slices. Pizza is not bad, but using food as a crutch is bad indeed. I'm no angel but I felt tonight I got a little tarnish off my halo. Oh when I'm going to eat I sure will eat. But being sensible now will allow those times to happen later.  I so want to stress this is for me, I'm not preaching or bragging or telling anyone how or what to eat. I'm doing this for my reasons. Getting fit and healthy are número uno.  My looks, meh, I'm me. At 150 or 250 I'm still me. I'm fine with myself. I have friends of all sizes and shapes and color and creeds. They are all beautiful. When you have been judged your entire life by people you truly learn to love people for who they are inside. My friends don't judge me, but I do look to them for honest opinions. They give them yay!
      So glad I'm off tomorrow. 4th of July holiday. Will watch MACYS fireworks on TV. One of my favorite 4th of July was years ago when I spent it with a bunch of friends out on a boat in NY. We had such a great view of the water. We all met up early in the morning and left late into the night. Great time and listen up. I actually walked from downtown  Manhattan in Greenwich Village to uptown to 77th  and Central Park West. Where we started the day. Yep up and down twice!! You can believe it, I had the blister on my heel to prove it. Lol. I want to be able to do that. It's such a great city. And sharing it and it's streets and atmosphere with friends is just amazing.   So Happy Birthday America 😀🇺🇸

Ciao For Now



No comments:

Post a Comment