Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Christmas Post

     Sometimes I try to make believe I'm that heroine in those chick flicks, sitting in my perfectly messy apartment. Those that are messy but look perfect. When I try to do this, it just looks messy! Lol Well Christmas is almost here, when did this happen? This year is ending and the end is coming soon. I can finally say I'm going into the new year with things crossed off my bucket list, well not a lot of things but even one would be better than ever, and this is at least a solid 3. Lmao
     I have been on the receiving end of a pay it forward, it was such a nice experience and I've never had it happen. I told you all, the lady in front of us paid for our meal. I still need to do my own pay if forward.
     I went to hold the inner door for someone, while he was holding the outer door for me, as we both laughed in the little vestibule of a restaurant. We both stretched out for the other door and then thanked each other. I'm finding people are smiling more. What is it about this season that makes people smile? On the other hand, what is it about this season that makes others so sad. Funny thing is I think it's the same reason.  Family, the being with those we love makes us so happy, and sharing and giving gifts, laughing with them, is the reason. There are many though, who have no family, no loved ones, and so there is no one to share or laugh with. They feel lost.  I personally feel a bit of each. I mean yes I love those I know, and want to laugh and share and exchange gifts with, but I'm not there in person. New York, Maine, Florida,  England, France, and Australia. I have friends in all theses places yet I'm not going to be there for Christmas. That makes me sad, yet I'm happy to be able to send them love and hugs in the form of presents. Hopefully they will think of me and know they matter to me. But again as much as I get sad not being there with them, they are there. The people I really mean are those that have no one. They either live alone, or in shelters or homes. Families are gone or choose not to know them. They have lost the ones they love for whatever reason. The sadness that is there always just seems a little sadder when everyone is celebrating around them. I give to several shelters, both human and animal. But I am one person. I wonder, how much difference I can make? Not much I know, but I'm still going to try. I wrote out a bunch of cards today that are being mailed out to Walter Reed Hospital. It's a veterans administration hospital filled with those men and women, who were injured overseas. Some of these soldiers have lost limbs, and worse, their will to go on. So does a thank you and merry Christmas card really mean anything to them? I don't know, but if  it cheers up a person who us down due to injuries or what have you, then it's a good thing. I would like to donate time, but you need to fill out forms and interview, if you can believe that?
     Christmas is felt and not bought. Each bow is a hug, each gift a kiss, and the price doesn't matter. It's the intent behind it, the thought that someone took time to remember you. I know some of my gifts fall flat on their proverbial asses! But I think my intent comes through. 
       I find it interesting that in the darkest days of the year (northern hemisphere really ) that people of different faiths all gather around the same time, to mark the return of the light. It's a magickal time of year.   I wish all of you who read my blog, blessings, good times, laughter, and love of family and friends.  Ciao for now everyone and speaking on my beliefs, I wish you all a GOOD YULE!



No comments:

Post a Comment