Friday, April 12, 2013

Wee Hours Of The Morning

In the hours of the night, between the dark and the light
I search for guidance 
I look up, I look down, I look all around
I find no solace
I look to see, at you, at me
The difference in our lives
I think I finally know, the path I need to go
I am afraid to lose 
By faltering, I am amiss
To be strong of mind, is the key to bliss

I must go and do, what must be done
Take care of me, not everyone
In doing so, I deal with life today
Be the best I can be, in every way
Love myself, the good and the bad
allow my self the luxury of sad

I try and fail, fail and try 
I'll always laugh but occasionally cry
Nothing I want more to be
Is to be the person that YOU see
I have flaws, and scars, and flab that hangs
insecurities, that cause my heart pangs

I will get through this, I will persevere
My cheek feels wet, from a single tear
One of joy, not one of sadness
A feeling inside that goes beyond madness
Of an image in my head, one I can make real 
A real person, that you can hold and feel
It will take time, your patience I ask
Let me have time to continue my task

Im going to fall, you know me, I will
But I'll get up, and continue still
Your words of encouragement ring in my ears
They dry my eyes and still my fears 
My friends I love you, it's as simple as that
this round chick needs you, as I turn fit from fat 
I'll make you proud just wait and see
The inside the same, with a new outer me






No comments:

Post a Comment