Saturday, April 6, 2013

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home

     And it's windy as all get out tonight, but the day was clear and on the warm side. I tell you, I love to drive and for the most part this is a great trip, pretty direct, all roads marked well, BUT, as soon as I cross from The New Jersey Turnpike into Staten Island, it's game over man, game over!!  They are fixing the road, which is the new hobby of NYC, and traffic dwindled from 4 lanes to 2. So it was sloooooow, then the oh so fabulous Belt Parkway. For you out of town or even country peeps, if you've ever landed at JFK Airport, chances are you ave ridden the Belt or it's just as ugly cousin, the Van Wyck Expressway! Fooey to both of them. This stretch of road today added over an hour to my drive. I am so tempted just to go through Manhattan on my way home and take the Lincoln Tunnel directly to the NJ turnpike.
     But it is worth it, it really is. I can already feel my tension and angst melting from me. I met with friends for dinner and we ended up at a diner called the Blue Bay. It's a typical NY diner, that serves everything from hamburgers to Filet Mignon and lobster. I haven't been to this place in over 20 years. It was exactly the same. Not sure if that's good or bad, LOL.  I used to frequent this place almost every morning simply because it is right across the highway from where I went to High School. We had our own version of the Breakfast Club. A group of us would meet early and walk across the overpass to the diner and get bagels, or eggs or what ever, then go back in time for first class. It brought back a lot of great memories.
     I have a pretty full weekend planned, and the Gods are in my favor as the rain is holding off until after I leave. I just want nice weather for Sunday and the trip out to the vineyards. 
     I feel better peeps, not that it really matters to you but I have been down in the dumps as of late, getting all kinds of paranoid, and tonight, I feel sexy again! Not a clue why, maybe I listened to Justin Timberlake sing about how he's bringing sexy back one too many times while stuck in traffic. Oh yes do not kid yourselves, sexy me was butt dancing in my car seat to that song, and Rihanna finding love in a hopeless place, and even The Wanted were Glad I Came. LMAO I still got the moves I'm happy to report.
     So here I sit, in my old room, at my desk, as the loudest of garbage trucks is collecting recycle trash right now. REALLY? Bottles and cans at 12:30 in the morning. Not like people are sleeping (not me of course) , dayum guys, could you wait about 7 hours at least!!!?? At this moment, I am content, I feel truly happy. I am enjoying this moment, as I drink the last bit of my tea that's gone cold. This moment has eluded me for a few weeks, and I welcome it back. So I am going to extend this moment and go snuggle in bed and read my book, and wait for the lovely alarm clock, that is my Dad, let me know that it is 8:30AM and time to get up. HAHAHA So as always Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment