Monday, April 1, 2013

Smile Behind The Tears

     Excuse me while I scream peeps. Today I had two interviews with staffing agencies. They went well enough.  I liked the first one better than the second. My first interview was with a woman, the second a man. The first one was professional with a good mix of pleasant conversation. Laughs were shared, and I felt good when I left. The second one was quite the opposite. The man for the second interview gave me a look up and down, where as the woman at the first one gave me a glance but that was all. I looked fine, I know this. New dress, worn for one interview prior to this, hung up immediately, so wrinkle free. Make up done nice, hair straightened, nails done. She seemed satisfied. He on the other hand looked a bit longer, and I got the impression was not as kind in his mind. Where as she and I talked and went over my jobs, he barely deviated from the paper he held in his hand. I know that paper. I had one when I did the interviewing, and now I'm the interviewee. I also felt rushed.  I am not holding my breath on the second staffing agency but am hopeful for the first one. I actually have to see her again on Wednesday, which is good ( I think). The reason I feel like screaming is just not 15 minutes ago I got another thanks but no thanks. This one was very nice in it's format. They wrote although your skills are quite impressive, we have decided to pursue other candidates. I guess I wasn't impressive enough, my hubs bless him, said you may be over qualified if it was for a starting position. You are past that now, didn't think of that. Felt a bit better but still upset. I know I can't take it personally, not with the companies I email my resume to, as they don't know me at all. In person though, I would love to be critiqued. What, if anything, am I doing wrong. Oh well, I need to grow a thicker skin, which is ironic. All the years of having to develop a thick, skin, due to  listening to all the complaints and yelling over the years, when it comes to myself it's quite thin. Well steady as she goes. 
     I calmed down by making some of my sugar lip scrub. LOL  No I really mean it. I put the recipe on facebook and took a pic of my mouth right after I used it. Oh okay. I hear you all saying well, post it here then. So here is my recipe of choice: Sugar Scrub Lip Smoother
Directions: In a non metal bowl mix about 1/4 cup white sugar (castor sugar) with about 3 teaspoons of pure avocado oil (or grape seed oil which I used) , then add about 1/2 teaspoon of honey, and break open 1 vitamin E capsule into the mix. Mix it well (you want a sandy consistency) Put it in a small jar and that's it! (refrigerate to keep it longer but I use it every night so I don't). If you want you can add essential oils like lemon or peppermint, but I like just the honey and sugar flavor.
TO USE: Just rub a little on your lips back and forth for about 2 - 3 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Don't worry if you eat it, it won't hurt you :-D I finish it by using my lip balm ( use Sugar Lip Balm by Fresh ITS AWESOME) 

 So there you have it. The only thing on my lips there is the lip balm I mention. No gloss or color. Smoochy soft. HAHAHAHAHAHA  
     Normally I would eat something bad for me, but I am NOT going there. The rejection notice is not an excuse to eat. I did make a cup of tea though ;-) I do need to go to My Fitness Pal and update my weight loss. Doing okay, what is making me nervous is NY, I have a hard time resisting real NY pizza, with garlic and peppers - YUM Even just plain cheese, calls to me as I sleep.  Go away stupid pizza, I'm not here. But it knows better, and whats worse is when it brings it's friends - the bagels!!   hehehe  Plus side is I will be doing quite a fair amount of walking on Sunday. 
Well peeps thanks for being there and reading my rants, I have no clue what you are thinking but in my head you are all telling me to chin up it will get better, I'm worth it, someone will see that. You guys are so great that way LMAO   Well on that I will say Ciao For Now.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment