Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It Was The Worst Of Days, It Was The Best Of Days

     Well, I will say right off the bat, that I received another rejection notice today. This came right on top of the one I received yesterday. Today's job though, was one I really would have liked to get. We had a nice interview and good rapport. I thought so anyway. She said herself that I had the experience. Which is the exact thing the email I got yesterday said. It stated that I had an impressive resume.  If I am impressive and experienced, why is no one hiring me? I kind of had a little break down and wept more than I care to admit. Hubs is telling me to hang in there, so are friends. It was tied into a neat bow tonight, with two words: Persevere Dear!  Makes a lot of sense, and like I wrote my friend, I like to think I am much stronger, but I am not getting many interviews either. I have one tomorrow, but nothing else lined up. It's picking away at my confidence, and making me a bit depressed. When do I get past this stage and get to the I'm pissed stage? ine I'm trudging along best I can!!
     The second part of today goes hand in hand kind of. As we know I go driving when I'm in need of cheering up. Today I went off my normal path. Why not? It was a beautiful day, and tank was full, so off I wandered. I drove for about an hour, looking at old farms with barns half crumbled, cool grain silos, you know yeehaw country stuff.  Almost 2 hours went by and this gal had to wee.So I see a very nice farm store. You know the type. It has locally grown veg and fruit, homemade jams, pies and marmalade's. So in I go, and am transported to the late 1800. All wood, with barrels all over. People just so nice. Well I get some onions and am waiting on line and this older woman starts talking to me. Out of the blue, she's chatting about the people who own the place (seems they live communally). She asked what I was doing there, if I lived near by, things like that. Told her no that I just needed to go for a drive to clear my head. At that she orders her lunch and says I'm going to sit there, and wait. So I order a veg juice and paid for the items I picked out. Gave the man my name and went to wait for my juice. She motioned for me to sit next to her. We talked about how great nature is and that its nice to have a change of scenery sometimes. We talked about 10 minutes. They called my name and I went to get my drink. I told her to have a lovely afternoon. She shook my hand and told me her name. Said she was a regular and maybe she would see me again one day.  As I went to my car, I felt better for having the little chat. Who knew that would be the effect. 
     Sometimes we meet people for no other reason than to help us forget for a moment. They are not permanent in our lives, but there for a reason. Then there are those who fate has put into our lives to stay there. They are meant to be there for us, and us for them.  Like the lady in the store and my friends who are there with comfort for me, I am very thankful I got both today. Tomorrow is a new day and and interview. So here's to new jobs, and old friends. To fate, may it deem me worthy of a smooth transition. 
     Going to try and sleep tonight peeps, last few nights I have been getting to bed close to 4 AM. So I will say good night, and of course, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment