Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Morning - A Posting We Will Go

     Hey Peeps, surprise it's Saturday morning!! Yep about 10:15AM my time and I am settling in for the day. I know! Sounds pathetic right but not really. I was out early and got my grocery shopping done, all my Christmas gifts are bought. I have my blank Christmas cards at the ready to write out and I have a stuffed up nose like nobody's business. So I think I will spend this day addressing the cards, listening to Christmas music and wrapping gifts.  Thing is, I am ahead of the game BUT I am waiting for gifts I ordered to be delivered so until they get here, the ones that I got for overseas can't be shipped. They should all be here in the next week and a half (I hope!) LOL  I am a dork though, I got something for someone over in Europe that plugs in and then after talking with hubs, was made to realize that the outlets are not the same....D'OH!! So now I need to get an adapter, Radio Shack here I come! :-D It's things like that, that I have been known to overlook on occasion. It's a cool prezzie for a youngin' and he must have it!! hahaha
     It's been a crazy few days and I had posted on here the other day but I took it down as I thought it may have been too much. Had some issues and well it's hard guys. I try to do my best and pony up to the bar but at times, I too have moments of major weakness.  I had a sit down and hopefully things will get better, we shall see. I know, rather cryptic, as I'm not saying what it is, but just suffice in that I will get through it! 
     I am going into work tomorrow, NO not to work, but to decorate my desk for Christmas. I LOVE doing that. We already have the office tree up, and my manager's desk is all done. I have my groovy silver tree from last year, with it's big red balls!! That's right!! Hey, at least they are not blue ;-D  {giggle snort} Plus we have a walk through for some people on Monday to show off the helpdesk. 
For those of you who do not know what that is, well basically I work in HR. My company has offices all over the USA and Europe and Asia. My department is ground zero for their benefits, employee relations issues, etc. So we are here to answer all the questions these 70K + employees have. I am one of the supervisors, so when someone is upset or angry, well that's when I get the calls transferred to me. On a basic day, it's quite fine. My reps may need help, and I answer them so they can pass this information on to the person on the phone BUT this last month we had Open Enrollment. This is when the employees elect their health benefits for the coming year. This one was bonkers. On an average day we answered 1600 calls inside of a 8am to 8pm day. That's a lot of calls! :-D They rocked it, good team, and now that it's died down we will be planning our holiday pot luck. A time to relax, play music, and bring in lots and lots of food to share. Not sure what I'm making this year. I'll maybe bake this time, perhaps a cheesecake, or something I've always wanted to try....... a Victoria Sponge. It looks yummers, and judging from the ingredients should be delicious. Don't we all just try to culinary impress at Christmastime? :-)
      Well off to get my cards sorted, and put the kettle on for a nice hot cup of tea. It's 39 degrees Fahrenheit but feels like 33 it says, at almost 11 in the morning, brrrr! lol  So I will say Ciao For Now
    

No comments:

Post a Comment