Thursday, December 6, 2012

Here I Sit, Here I Ponder

    I am sitting here at my desk at work on a very quiet evening. Phones are not ringing and this is one reason that next week our helpdesk will be changing it's hours to 8AM - 6PM. This has caused me to review my resume as well, as one never knows what the new year will bring. I don't plan on going anywhere but I will be ready should I be needing to take that trip. I mean we will be okay as hubs has a good job but it's nice having the extra income and not having to worry. So here I sit eating one jelly belly vanilla jelly bean at a time until I finish my allotted 10. As I ponder life as we know it.
    I ponder often and think the weirdest shit sometimes, some I even share on here as those of you who have read faithfully know. My soapbox has indents from where my feet have firmly stood while my knees shook as I spoke my thoughts out loud on paper (der?? LOL)
    Hey guess who I spoke to??? JOANN!! My weight loss pal. She is the same she said and she also told me she is hanging on to her weight loss of a total of 28 pounds. I am so thrilled for her, she tries so hard. She wants to break the 440 mark but can't seem to get there, and she said of course Christmas is a hard time. We spoke and I told her of my little tricks I'm doing to keep the weight off during this time of year, and since she is hosting the parties it will not be as easy for her. So we discussed things like making the smaller single pies so not as much left over. Also I told her keep the meats and veg and give away more meat and veg and ALL the carb goodness that I know she is making. But you know what? She can keep or give away whatever she wants, its up to her, as hell I know I will not be an angel, especially since we are having our holiday get together at work in 2 weeks. I mean I will not go crazy, but I know me, a cookie or several will pass my lips but it wont be an entire trayfull :-) Im going to enjoy celebrating but I now realize there is one thing I will stay away from. No not cake or pie or potatoes or biscuits, the one thing I will stay away from (even the low fat version) is going to be EGGNOG! God I LOVE THE STUFF. I have made eggnog custard pie, cheesecake, poundcake but not this year. It is bane to me this year. It's just empty calories, lovely delicious empty calories, and then add the rum to it and (oh god I'm getting all twitchy here) it's just a gift from the heavens!! Rich, creamy, sweet, and the smell is divine. Yea I kind of like the stuff, can ya tell? lmao
     Ahem, getting back to Joann. She has a new man in her life. She says he is funny and kind and he likes her even at her size. I told her she is a lovely woman so stop that "at her size" crap. I know gals who are the society "Normal" size who are complete biatches who no man or woman would want to be near. Size has nothing to do with it and if i am to be totally honest in my feelings, being a bigger gal all my life I feel has helped me develp a more caring personality, that people like and enjoy, at least I hope so:-)   No I'm not fishing but feel free to agree BWAHAHAHA
Oh do you remember the coat I gave her, it still didn't fit but she took it to a tailor who gusseted the back and she is wearing now that the weather is colder. Glad it went to good use. I seem to have this thing for buying wrong sizes over the internet. LOL
   Well peeps I've not really pondered at all but I am sitting ;-) . I must do a few things before close of business so I am saying, as always, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment