Monday, December 3, 2012

Food For Thought

    I am determined to get through this Christmas/New Years season with out a ton of weight gain. I would like to get through it with actually losing weight and I believe I can.  Two reasons really. One is partly becasue i am not sure what had gotten into me but I am simply not hungry!! This has been going on for almost 2 weeks. I feel hungry then I get a grilled chicken salad or even a turkey sandwich, I start to eat it and find myself left with at least half that I figure I will eat later. Later comes and I don't eat it. Yet I'm not looking for anything else to eat. It is odd but I'm not forcing it. Someone already said to me that I'm walking around the office better than he has seen in awhile, and it's true, even with my muscle pain (which I am seeing the Dr. for tomorrow)  The other reason is portion control. Since we are going to my in-laws for Christmas brunch it will be easy to limit myself to a couple of eggs or a small sandwich with lots of veggies to go with it. It will not be a dinner meal. So dinner is up to us and it will be meat and veggies. I will splurge on one thing!! I am making a mince pie for us. Hubs and I are the only ones who like mince pies, we like fruitcake too actually lol) so I am making two individual smaller pies. Portions right if there is a full size 9inch pie we will eat it since no one else likes it. I have been known to throw away things too but it is wasteful so the small pies make sense. 
   I also am baking all my cookies at my Dad's house when I visit on the 15th. This way I can leave a lot there, then pack up the ones for work and the ones for gifties for my managers. Hubs doesn't eat chocolate so I promised him I'd save a few pignoli cookies out for him. (An italian Christmas favorite, those and my rainbow cookies) Now those are dangerous. Very time consuming but soooooo yummy.  They are made with almond paste and apricot jam and if you want the recipe just let me know I will post it. They are supposed to be red, white and green to resemle the Italian flag, but I like to add yellow to the 3rd layer so they kind of look like I'm celebrating the Jamaican bobsled team  COOL RUNNINGS MAN!!  LOL   Here is a pic of them
You would want the entire pan but they are rich! I love baking, and I like to make nice cookies for work this time of year. Hubs brings in some of my goodies to his job too usually.       My desk is decorated too now. I put my tree up and you can still see the cards my friend's daughters made me last year :-0
    I am having an unofficial race with my manager to see who gets more boxes delivered. So far its close but I'm a few ahead LOL Either way the gal bringing our packages is play bitchin' at me, she is awesome too!! Well all it's getting close to that time. I need to visit the little supervisors room and then close my systems down, next week this time we will be closing at 6PM, actually home in time to cook dinner LOL So I will say Ciao For Now


No comments:

Post a Comment