Monday, May 30, 2016

The End Of A Holiday Weekend.

     I'm siting here with a huge lump in my throat. This has been a very unsettling news weekend.  First and foremost it was Memorial Day here in the states. We honor those brave men and women, who served in the armed forces and now lay in national cemeteries. They are the ones who allow me to write and rant about whatever I want without fearing censorship. May their sacrifices never be forgotten.
    I also read about a little boy in Japan, who depending on the story, was either left for 5 minutes on his own in a forest as punishment or was abandoned there by his parents.  Either way he can not be found. How can parents do this. If your angry at your child leaving a little child in the forest is not a proper punishment.  And if they left him there on purpose, with possible exposure, animal attack or worse, how the hell could they just throw him away?  Then there's that poor gorilla that was shot because a mother let her 4 year old out of her sight in a zoo, so the child got through the enclosure and fell into the gorillas area.  Okay how did the child get across grass and through bars and fall.  The gorilla in several accounts looked to be saving the child as he fell into deep water. But the zoo could not promise his safety so they shot him. One less endangered  silverback gorilla in the world. The parents should be held responsible. I'm sorry you take a 4 year old to a zoo, you hold their hand or watch them. They don't run around. No one is perfect, but come on, so many things could have happened. I'm so upset by all if these occupancies.  I'm fortunate to know children raised by parents who watched out for them. I hope the young boy in Japan is found. I hope the parents of the small toddler from the zoo learn to watch that previous gift and feel remorse for the loss caused by them in my opinion.
    Now, for me personally it was a nice rest. A moment to remember those in the service. Then a nice drive with hubs. Some good roadside BBQ. Always the best. One nice thing around these parts.  You will see smokers on the road and lines of cars that pulled off. So we had a fab meal of brisket, home made cowboy baked beans ( good flavor, not over sweet) and coleslaw.  Fresh watermelon, then ice cream for dessert. Burp.  Not a meal you eat everyday.  But so fuckin yummy.
    Spoke with Dad today. He's doing well. I'll see him the weekend before Father's Day, I could have waited but I wanted to see him. I miss him.   Oh I penned a haiku, I'll share it with you now
I just went outside
The sun is so very very hot
Screw it, I went inside
I hope you enjoyed my little bit of poetry. Lmao.
     Well back to work in the am. Elevator is still out. I think my company is going this as a wellness challenge for the employees.  Lol. Should be fixed Wednesday.  I'm not worried, I'm only on the second floor.  So I wish you all a good rest of the week and as always, ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment