Tuesday, May 17, 2016

So It's Been a Year

    I went on Facebook this morning, didn't post anything to my page, but my memories came up.  Seems that it was a year ago I was in the hospital for blood clots in both my lungs. & Mad Men was having their final episode and it was 7 years ago that I got ink behind my left ear. I have often said I want to get that fixed. It needs something.  I am in no rush as it's not easily seen, unless I wear a headband or the wind is blowing my hair, LOL  ood stealth ink!  HAHAHA 
    Fast forward to today and it's a rainy Tuesday, how new and different! I say this tongue in cheek as it has been raining so much in the last 2 weeks. It's at the point where if there is a bit of sunshine, even those that don't smoke are going out for a break just to enjoy it.  Yesterday was gorgeous though. Hubs tamed the jungle that was our lawn, I had mentioned that their were these tall fronds that came up to my shoulder that needed to be cut. So he then says , okay so they are like what? 5 or 6 inches high. Cheeky monkey!!  My big excitement last night, was that on television, the show Castle ended it's 8 year run.  I am sorry to see it go. Someone on one of the fan boards online made a great point. They equated it to a book that you reached the last chapter to.  You hate to finish it, but you can always re-read it.  And so it lives on in reruns and of course we have almost all the seasons on DVD.  This Christmas hopefully we will get the remaining ones. I also hinted to hubs that I want the box set of Mad Men.  Amazon has it that you also get coasters and two hi-ball glasses. The ones like they used in the show (early 60's style, love them.!)
   They are having a huge 65% off sale at one of the stores I like (some even more % off), and I went online window shopping. Getting basic items, 2 pair of work slacks, 3 blouses and a pair of work appropriate sandals (they have a bit of bling on them so they look pretty) The total would have been over $275.00 full price, The total with shipping would be $103.78. I am so tempted. I don't get paid until next Friday.  I don't want to spend it on clothes. I have no right getting new things really when cash is so tight but I do need some things for work.  I don't care about leisure time clothes I can make do for now with what I have. I am keeping them in my cart for now. I'll visit them in a few days and it they still appeal to me by next week, maybe I'll bite the bullet.  Maybe!! 
    Tomorrow is the ice cream social, should be interesting. Other than that not much going on, Wedding this weekend, more on that next week.  So ciao for now peeps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment