Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Weekend That Was

    I am tired, let me start with that. Oh and I'm also full. We ate so well this weekend, from lamb to brunch to shepherd's pie. Accompanied with cocktails all equaled a very lovely weekend. Did a few things around my dad's home. The usual dishes and laundry, and on Monday morning after my shower I scrubbed the bathtub and sink and toilet bowl. Dad likes to do a James Pollock with the toothpaste in the basin. LOL   Ah I love him very much.
    So Sis and i tried a new place on Saturday and we had that bourbon my friend recommended. I am not sure if it was the Gold version but it was very very good. The Sunday was mother's day and we went out to brunch bringing my neighbor with us. She doesn't go out often and she is such a lovely person. We were out almost 12 hours  LOL, yep left at about 10AM got him about half eight in the evening. It was a very full day. After brunch we went to this fabulous outdoor mall. Had so many shops and I was able to resist the Coach store. I love Coach handbags.  They are well made, now I have to tell you my friend in England had bought his wife a handbag from a high end store for Christmas one year, he mentioned the brand but I do not remember. This is a good thing as I can not afford 800 dollars for a purse. But I saw a gorgeous purple one that I am still lusting after 2 years later LMAO
     We got some walking in which was good and I bought my first purchase ever from the store Torrid. They have some amazing things and know I know my size there. So I will occasionally go online to see whats there. I ended up with 2 dresses a few new blouses. It was funny. Sis and I went to one store before Saturday dinner and I ended up wearing the blouse I bought and the shoes I got also. I stood there while the sales lady cut tags off me. She teased me if my jeans were the same ones I came in on. I swear there were so many things i would have loved to get but watching my pennies.
     The night came to a close at an Irish pub, that had a elder man playing electric guitar singing the songs of Tom Jones and Bobby Darrin, he was funny and we laughed at this one little boy wearing an O2 shirt that was a dancing fool, cutting shapes with the best of them. he was fun to watch.  The lemon Drop martinis were good, had two of them and I guess they were stronger or I was tired as they hit me harder than normal.  We are in the car, Sis has the air conditioner on as it was hot out, but at one point she opened her sunroof.  So I felt something on the top of my head and I went all freaked out by it asking what is on my head??  Sis looks at me and replies  - AIR!  hehe I felt my face get hot at that one  HAHAHAHA hey at last it wasn't a spider
    One thing I will say is I HATE ALLERGIES!!   I am sneezing like a fiend today. yesterday I was driving back to VA on the PA Turnpike and i had a sneezing fit. I almost pulled off the road, I was afraid I'd cause an accident LMAO   I have to laugh at PA  - one sign I passed said Old Hershey Road, I had to chuckle at that, yes I have a dirty mind - sue me! ;-D
 (for those not understanding that, its  a reference as to the color of chocolate and using a certain body part during physical relations  :-)
     The weekend was a good one, NYC is usually a good time. Hoping the summer brings friends in, good places to go and lots of fun.  I'm thinking yes!! So anyway ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment