Sunday, May 17, 2015

Hospitals and Teddy Bears

     So peeps. I know it's been a few days. I'm in the hospital. SURPRISE. Today is the first day I've felt decent enough to actually write. I'm here in bed, yet there is no real rest. One moment I will be wide awake then BAM I'm falling asleep.  It's a bizarre narcolepsy that I think only happens in hospitals.
     Turned out blood clots made their way in my lungs. Whaaaat??? Yep. Who would have thought this would happen. It happened a long time ago and now it's back. They are putting me on this medicine to reduce the risk of it happening again. GOD I HATE BEING HERE.  My hubs has been here right along with me. Sometimes just sitting there while I'm sleeping. I would do the same for him, you do that for those you love but I know he's losing his application time. He's still looking for work and he's wasting time here with me.  He's looked a little, the hotel has guest WiFi, but not like he would if I were at work. He came into my room the evening they admitted me, and on top of his head was this super soft teddy bear.  He was grinning like a kid.  I named the bear Hiroshi. The next day he sprayed his cologne on the bear, at my request, so I can hold the bear and pretend he's here.  
      So it's Sunday, just after 9am, nurse has been in. My blood pressure is much better. It was strange my lower number is fine, even lower than the 80 which is deemed "normal". It's the upper number that is going above the 120 they want.  This morning it was 160/64. Blood sugar is normal, heart okay. Who knows why it's up and only in one direction. 
     I'm getting quite bored. I'm supposed to go home tomorrow and I so hope so.  I'm out of work this coming week, will be nice but I'd rather have a vacation later this summer.   I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. You know I didn't even tell my Dad I was in the hospital.  It's not that I'm keeping it from him, it's just that oh hell if I get a cold he's all nervous and freaking out about me. I don't want him to get worried but I really want to talk to him right now. So I'll call him and tell him I'm fine. I just don't want him to worry. 
     I'm going to go, all of a sudden I don't feel like writing.  Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment