Thursday, August 15, 2013

You Never Know

     I just found out that a man I knew, and was my director when I did The Music Man, just died. I'm here on the treadmill  and the message came through. A dear friend of mine, who was our musical director for that show let me know. He also said that for years after the show, that the deceased man had always asked about me. He was very fond of me. It was nice to know that he remembered me that way. He was a priest and was stern but I had no problem with him. I didn't walk on eggshells around him as many did. I was just me. Lol  it got me thinking again, we never know truly the impression we make on people sometimes. Yet we all touch others lives every day. It's so important to remember that our actions can inadvertently effect someone. Moreover if we know the person, we do directly influence them. How often have you found yourself doing or saying something that a good friend or lover does. You just pick it up from them.  We don't even realize we are doing it.  Well I'm glad I left a good impression on this man. I will pray for him, that he has a good transition to his next life. He touched mine and I had lots of laughs during rehearsals. Some frustrations too of course, but that's the joys if community theater. He may have been a priest but he was simply a man. With all of the faults us humans have. But he tried, lived his life true to his convictions and you have to respect that. Farewell Monsignor! .
     Just had to get this out. I leave for Maine in the morning so look for a cool blog real soon. And I found out just now that I can type AND walk on the treadmill at the same time. Well ain't I just the shit!! Lmao   Ciao For Now peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment