Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Blog By Any Other Name...

     Peeps, I got my car back today. Its so funny because I was singing my autos praises to my friend, as he had asked when I was paid off. Which will be in December. I like the idea of not having a car payment. It's $500. a month I would not have to lay out. But this last trip to the dealership, which was supposed to be a state inspection and 85K mile check up, turned into an $1100. trip. The stabilizer arms had to much give and with out new ones my car would not pass inspection so what should have been about a $150. service call, was almost ten times that. I was talking with hubs and I am thinking this time next year of possibly getting a new car, and keeping the convertible just for summer months. Where I live you can get minimum insurance on a car if you only use it a small amount of time. It would be nice as I love the top down. I have priced out 3 cars. All Fords, say what you want about Ford but this Mustang is my 5th one and I've never had any issues with them. I mean even the Mustang now, its not unusual for things to start to need fixing at 87,000 miles. I have priced out, a Fiesta, a Focus, and a Fusion. I love the styling of the Fusion, as the front looks like a poor mans Aston DB9 LOL. It gets good mileage as well. Then there is the Focus, which I like quite a bit. My loaner car was a Focus sedan and the time before was the hatch, I liked them both. Very roomy and even better gas mileage. The Fiesta is the smallest, but it is really cute. A friend of mine has one and I will check with him to see how it rides. This is probably my best option if I do keep the Mustang. It is cute but I need to test drive it, its smaller than my Mustang. It IS the best for the gas mileage, and as the prices rise and I still go to NY fairly regularly, it may end up being the winner.  I also want to test drive a Cooper Mini, I am sure though that the cost will be higher. Where the Fiesta and even the other 2  Fords are cheaper than what I paid for my Mustang. Oh I don't know, it's just on my mind. I can even store the Pony at my dad's during the fall and winter. He has a totally empty garage that would be perfect.
     That has been on my mind as well as just odds and ends. Most I'm sure you would find boring. Like I worry over things that I have no control over, things I have no right to even worry about. Then I wonder if anyone else thinks of me the same way? I told you, boring for all of you, but real for me.
     I went to Whole Foods Markets and they sell all these bulk bath bombs and scrubs. I do make my own sugar scrubs, but I walked past the dead sea salt scrubs and one of them just drew me towards it. It contains, rose petals, jasmine, calendula, and lavender. It smells divine and I don't have dried flowers so I bought some. I took a long soak in the bath last night and I didn't want to leave the bathroom. I lit a candle, and just relaxed in the hot water and the scent was intoxicating but not overly powerful. The best thing was that the bathroom smelled so good for hours after my bath. LOL If I had more shelf room, I would buy old fashioned apothecary jars and fill them with different scents. I love girly things, but I won't cry if I break a nail. When it comes to scent and bath items though, I am very girly. I would love an entire display, and a dressing table to apply my make up and lotions. I even got hubs to use my night moisturizer, as he has dry skin, he puts it on every night now and his face looks better. No more dry. I wish I could find something for his body now, that would be a miracle if I could get his itching under control. He gets so miserable and I understand. He was up all night 2x in the last 5 days. Not good.
     Well like I said a blog by any other name is still my mind regurgitating my thoughts. Tonight has no real theme, just things I've been thinking about during my day. Ah yes, you can see how interesting my days can be. LMAO
      I need to get some paychecks saved up as I need to get some perfume. I am running low. I am just deciding which one I want, as my scent likes are not cheap. I adore my Balenciaga Paris, but there is a new one by them I want to go to Nordstrom and sample, it's called Flora something  LOL. Then again, I love my Tocca Collette, cool botttle on that one also. Well I have small amounts of them both that I will use with care. For when I go on vaca, and when I meet up with friends I haven't seen in a long time. They last so a little goes a long way. Oh don't you love scent? I know I do. I have others I like, some were gifted to me that I would never have tried and I enjoy them very much. Actually that's how I found the Balenciaga. It's lovely. I did get a large sample from a Sephora order, of one called Gorgeous Gardenia, by Gucci. Its nice and light, I haven't worn it yet so I'm not sure how it will smell on me, hopefully nice. I also have an scent by Pucci, that is still in use but the bottle top is the coolest looking topper, very 60's groovy. That will not be thrown away, I'm going to to something so I can make it a paperweight, its so pretty  hahahaha
     Well Im sure I really am boring you now, so I will say ta-ta, and finish my tea, and go to sleep as I want to get to the gym early tomorrow. So until next time - Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment