Monday, August 19, 2013

So Far......Freakin' AWESOME!!

     Well it's been a whirlwind since the convertible and I rolled into town on Friday afternoon.  I was surprised that for the last leg of the journey, I didn't need any directions. I knew where I was going. Then again route 1 goes through all the towns, such as Newcastle, Boothbay Harbor. As one would assume, there is water all around. The area is comprised of peninsulas and from what I've heard, in the winter it can get so cold and snowy, that you really get confined to your given peninsula. Some passages are dirt roads and small bridges. Ah America, there are parts of you still untouched by the industrial revolution. Not one Starbucks in sight! Lol
     I digress - I was greeted by hugs and kisses from the humans and barking and purring from the fur part of the family. Not to dismiss the numerous requests for belly rubs, from the fur side if course. Happy greetings 😀 a few hours later we were off to opening night of the community theater production if the play RENT. Where I was treated to a very very excellent show, yes I cried!
After the show we went our for drinks. I was introduced to the cast and they were all so nice to me. Chatting and interacting as if they knew me for years. I had a great time, yet this was just a small taste of what was to come. The next day was a chill morning. Time to relax a little. Showered and all make up applied, we were off to the second performance. I again found myself chatting while I folded the playbills that got handed out to the patrons. Oh yes, I was put to work! Lol. Then we had the cast party at the house. OMG!!
it was loud, busy, lots of alcohol glowing, music playing and it was fabulous! Food of the night was Italian. I was filling bowls and handing out the food to everyone. Then joined in. Champagne bottles, vodka , gin and several other bottles were emptied one after the other. Spirits were high. Rock Band was sting in the other room. Conversations ran from show critiques to sex, to deep theological discussion to sex, talk about past shows done to sex. I was having the most fun ever! I haven't laughed so much and for so long in a long time. At one point whipped cream was on the scene. The canister  was shoved in my mouth as one guy grabbed me so I couldn't move as the other squirted copious amounts of  whipped cream  until it was all over my face. I couldn't stop laughing. One girl squirted some on my chest and proceeded to like it off. Like I said a friendly bunch. LMAO  the party lasted for 7 hours, maybe a little more. I dragged my tired ass up to sleep finally about 6:30 in the morning. Woke up at 9. Went downstairs and out onto the deck where the sun was wArm and the breeze was refreshing. I sat on a chaise lounge and dozed for about an hour more, with my new faithful pal Bolt (the adorable jack Russell terrier)  Came into find my friend cooking breakfast for us and the few if the part goers who stayed. I made her and myself some coffee. Grabbed a few slices if French toast and prepped it for her son and got him fed. As he informed me, " I'M HUNGRY AUNT MARY"! By noon everyone was fed, and happy. Then our merry group including the 2 guys who slept over trekked off to see a production of the play "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown" it was well performed but it was the geriatric version with a few younger people thrown in. They would entertaining and seemed to be having fun, so it was quite enjoyable. Then driving people home and a fab fish dinner and finally bed. I think I was sound asleep by 11, I was beat!
     So here we are at Monday. Maybe some souvenir shopping, need to pick us things for a few folks. Today is a very chill day, then again, who knows! Hahaha.
      There you have it so far, a few more days then back home. Okay I'm off to shower and get this day started. Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment