Monday, August 26, 2013

Well Time For A Blog Methinks

     Right now I am relaxing at home, sky is showing lasts licks of daylight doing its best to hang on. It was warm today, but make no mistakes, there is a distinct hint of Autumn in the air. Vacation is over, school supplies adverts everywhere, and the bath and body works store by me is pushing their new pumpkin, and caramel apple bath products.  This is coming into my favorite season. I adore the fall. Of course with cooler weather make-up stays on better, you don't overheat walking around. You get to wear thick comfy sweaters and boots and oh the colors of the season. So wonderful. Bright reds, yellows and oranges, mixed with the hearty evergreens, I can almost smell the woodsmoke from a neighbors chimney. Okay maybe I'm loving this too much, 😄, but there is something magickal about this season. Perhaps it's because, I was born in October, but I seem to come alive this time of year. Coming from New York, it meant apple picking, making pies, baking All sorts of goodies because the kitchen wont get hotter than hell this time of year, okay ONE REASON I'm sure I will always be a full figured gal.  I love to bake way too much. Hahaha 😋Funny enough, in VA it's similar. Little known fact that VA is huge in apple growing. Of course this means cider.  I'm talking home brewed hard cider. So exquisite tasting, it rivals a fine wine. We go up to the mountains here and you will find folks selling cider everywhere. If you know who to go to, (and hubs does), you will find the jugs that are put in the back. The ones that that have that layer of foam on top, signaling to you that these babies are fermented and one taste of them, woof!!! You have some fabulous hard cider. Not the crisp kind that I just spoke about, but thicker full flavored hard cider. A most delicious elixir indeed! Lol 😝
     Then you take a drive to Skyline Drive and the views will take your breath away. All the trees are in flames of colors. You are up at about 3000ft. (It goes up to over 4000 in some spots), and it's a colorful blanket for miles. They have log cabins up there and a hotel that serves outrageous hot chocolate. The real stuff, not that Nestlé powder. Not that that is bad, I use it too, but this is real rich Dutch chocolate, combined with organic sugar and homemade marshmallow on top. Reminder to self, save about 400 calories for a steamy mug! YUM!! Add a homemade apple fritter and believe me it's worth an extra hour at the gym.  
     Okay I will end my passion of autumn and tell you some awesome news.....I STARTED MY JOB!!!   Can't say new job, as its where I was actually made redundant from. I am no longer a supervisor as the position was eliminated. BUT it's a job I know, I enjoyed, and it pays more than unemployment. Plus I like the people there.  First day was today, and it felt like home. I will have the same email address again too once I get my computer. Hopefully that will happen on Friday. I felt good tonight, as I missed putting in a day at work. To me it's important to do something that fulfills you. I often feel lonely here as I have mentioned but work, I believe, will fill  good part of the void.
When I was in Maine my friend told me I need to join some groups. She's right, she is one of the few people I know and love who tells it like it is. She pulls no punches. She will tell me to shut the F%#k up and I'm being silly. I have just a handful of people who I'll do that and thank my stars for them everyday. So I'm perusing the ads to see if my writing group is restarting, or now that I will get out of work no later than 6 or 6:30 , I can possibly check out a theater group. Who knows, but I WILL GO TO ENGLAND IN 2014. 😘
     I was very happy this morning when I put on the dress I bought in May, only to find that it fits loosely. Looks better on my now but you can see a bit of excess material on the upper sides. Not that I mind. I am trying so hard to lose my pounds and get to where I want to be. I did put 5 pounds on in Maine but weighing in yesterday shows that I lost 3 of them and hope to loose the rest this week. I get 1310 a day before any work outs. Today I added over 700 calories to my total and right now at 9pm I am under my regular calories by 500. All good as I wanted to really do my fast today but I did a semi fast and probably will come in the same tomorrow. Grilled salmon or chicken with a big salad for lunch will find its way into my lunch rotation. My manager and friend gave me a desk right by the window overlooking the atrium. So I get a view while I eat at my desk. Yes, tonight, life has so much promise again. Work, combined with autumn season coming, friends around me, life is good.  I hope you are all feeling the same. So I will now say good night and as always - Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment