Monday, July 15, 2013

New York New York A Hell of A Town

    Well I didn't make it into Manhattan this trip, hopefully in September. BUT I had a fantastic time this visit. I leave to go back to VA in the morning, and as always it's with a heavy heart. I love my hubby and want to go back to him, but the part of my heart that IS New York will have to sleep for a while until my next trip.  I was able to do some shopping (yay) and bought a few lovely things. I saw good friends and had a weekend full of new memories. 
     First was the dive bar we hit on Thursday. I was afraid that the weather was going to rain us out, but it treated us kind. As I said in the last blog we had a blast. I am waiting for my friend to get me the video we took of the band.  HINT HINT lmao They were cool!!   Yesterday (Saturday) was a long day. Left early to go to Long Island for a surprise birthday party. It was a blast. They had a cowboy theme going and everything was country (not MY favorite at all but hey, not my party right?) They did an amazing job, from cowboy hats, bandanas, to country decorations and even the can cozys (the neoprene covers to keep them cold) were shaped like cowboy boots.  The home was outstanding. It was so large with a massive pool, and yard. It came complete with a bacci ball court and fire pit. The pool was heated, and I sat there with my pants rolled up dangling my legs over the side. If there were adults in the pool I would have put on a swimsuit and gone in.  Alas it was just the youngins, so suffice to say I sat watch as the water splashed up at me and cooled me off, UNTIL!! They started racing and then I felt this wave wash up and my pants were soaked LOL But damn if it didnt feel real good on my bottom. Soon I was wet halfway up. I could have cared less. This was to be expected. Plus it was so hot out that I dried out in no time. Good people and good food. OMG speaking of food. The birthday cake!! Was a work of art. It was too awesome to eat. Since our birthday boy likes, country music, a good cigar and a cold beer, the cake was made to reflect this. The daughter of the homeowner decorates cakes as a hobby. HOBBY!? She did a job better than many bakeries I have seen. Check this out!!
Isn't that wonderful? It was one layer of chocolate cake, of one vanilla, then the cigar, bottle, cowboy boots and hat were made from rice crispy treats and covered with the fondant. Just amazing, hobby? This could be a career!
     I didn't eat too much, and I even was very honest on writing down my food. I came in under my calories this day. I had no lunch, so that helped, and I even had a small slice of that amazing cake. 
Today I went to dinner with good friends and we went with Italian seafood. This place is very very good. I had an amber ale, then shrimp with cavatelli pasta in a sauce. I ate maybe 1/3 of my meal. Brought the rest home for dad. No way I could finish it. Even half would have been too much.   We had cappuccinos and dessert. I had a lava cake. Ate half but unfortunately I was over my calories tonight by 67 calories. NOT terrible.  Still under 1400 for the day. I am looking forward to getting back to the gym when I get home.  WAIT! WHO said that? LOL  I will say that tonight on the way home, my food wasn't agreeing with me too well, I felt a little sick to my stomach. It passed. but I'm taking that as a small reminder to myself that the food tonight, although delicious, was a bit too heavy for me. I am both dismayed, and delighted by this.  Dismayed because I love Italian food, things like chicken Parmesan, or lasagne. Tonight's sauce was in line with say, a vodka sauce. But it seems like my body, which is not used to this anymore is telling me easy does it sister. We will revolt if you eat too much. I am glad my eating habits are changing, and it seems to be a natural occurrence, but flip it again, as I love food, I love to eat it, cook it and most of all share it! I love to watch people eat and enjoy it, especially if I made it LOL Similar occurrences with fried foods and sugar wrecks havoc with digestive system if you get my drift! HEHEHE I know it will settle down and even out again in time. It keeps me honest which is good for me right now. I also am happy with the smaller size I am wearing. I am doing this so I can get off high blood pressure medicine, not for my looks. I want to get fit. It's like this, I am Fat!! I'm okay with that, I am not ugly, or a freak. I am a human being and a nice, kind, pretty, and freakin' hilarious one at that!! If you don't want to look at me, don't. Or want to shy away from me, go ahead, that's your business. AND your loss! I'd be lying if I said it never bothers me, but 97% of the time I am cool with it.  I have also realized that pizza does not bother me, so I have come to the conclusion that Pizza is a food of the Gods!! bwahahahaha (Knew it!!!!!)
     Well I look around my room as I type this last NY blog (for now) and my case is packed, the clothes I'm wearing tomorrow are on laid out on my chair. I just need to shower in the morning, feed Dad breakfast and get out on the road, hopefully by 10AM.  Will stop on the way home to get food for dinner, cooking something easy. I will have a weeks worth of laundry plus I need to see what surprises I will find at my home. Dishes in the sink, towels on the floor, stuff like that. Then sink into a hot bath and then bed. Hoping that someone calls me in to interview SOON, as I have heard nothing from anyone. Not even to say thanks, but no thanks. Sigh......   Ah well, we go on forward, ever persevering :-D
     It's been a really nice trip this time, I look forward to more. I want to see more friends, get in the city, go to dinner or whatever. I will be back soon New York, you can count on that!!!
Well it's Bedtime For Baggins, until next we meet, I say Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment