Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's Bloody Humid!!!

     Okay so my second day in NY was decently productive. I drive out to the Island, unfortunately did not find the capris I was looking for, but there are other stores. Lol I did get some wine for Saturday. I got my dad (skinny ass that he is ) the pastries he likes from a bakery out that way also. Since he doesn't drive he is limited to the neighborhood. If course when he goes to Manhattan he has multiple choices. So I left him in the living room ( or lounge as some of you call it) and I headed up to my bedroom. Blessed air condition, you make me a much nicer person. 😄The heat is not bad, it's only 79 degrees F same as earlier. It was nicer then, as there was a nice breeze - But now the humidity is at 91%. Yuck, yuck and YUCK!!! I've already downed one liter of water since I got home an hour ago and am working on the second one now. I was concerned about eating too many calories on this visit but in truth, I have been way under both days so far. The summer is the best time for me to diet as I don't even want to eat much. When I do, I want fruit, iced tea no sugar, yogurt. Things like that, lighter fare. So I bought some fat free Greek yogurt and blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, and peaches. Oh and raw honey to sweeten the yogurt. I know you are all on the edge of your seats right now! "Oh she bought RAW honey" I know, I'm thrilling bwahahaha
     I did have a nice visit with my neighbors here, love going over there. They have the cutest yorkie terrier, and poor baby was so hot. He went downstairs to rest on the cool tile. I mentioned to them that my friend got his dig a paddle pool and they thought that was a great idea. They are going to get one for Spike. Hard plastic though, as I also mentioned my friends dog ripped his. Hehe
     I am supposed to go out tomorrow night to the beach and its supposed to rain all day. Boo hiss. So no beach. Friday looks promising though 😄 I am enjoying NY. I ALWAYS do. It's home. Hopefully will be up end if August/ early September. Always a joy and always fun.   Well I am now waterlogged, having drunk a liter and a half of water in under 2 hours. I foresee a 3am bathroom run. So I am saying Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment