Sunday, January 4, 2015

Early EARLY morning thoughts

     Spoke too soon about getting sick.  Of course I now have slight chest congestion combined with raspy breathing and sneezing. Taking the day tomorrow to give one more day of rest.  Nipping this as soon as possible. NYC on Friday.  Ah, what you going to do but roll with the punches. Right?!
     So here I am, sitting up in bed, as it's more laborious to breathe lying down. Just looking through the IKEA website, book marking things I like, wish for, and need. We have an Ikea Ektorp sofa in the living room that I would love to retire down the basement. Along with hub's chair. We have a nice credenza down there with a 46" HDTV flat screen. I want to mount the TV on the wall and eventually get 2 small lamps and assorted knick knacks for the credenza. I may try my hand at making a runner to go across. Simple strait stitches, so I should be able to pull this off. My sewing machine sits gathering dust in the store room, so let's see how I muck through it. Lol I want to get a new cover for the sofa. Thinking a nice soft tan/brown. Neutral shades as I have a handmade bowl that I picked up years back from the potter. It's all shades of browns, tans, and creams. So pretty and one of a kind. Taking my palette from it. I can envision the room so clearly in my head. Fresh coat of paint. Some throw rugs to soften the room. The nesting kidney tables would look great down there also. My friends have these cool "sheepskin" throw rugs and I do believe those would look perfect in the hallway from the big room, leading into the laundry room.  That's the nice thing about IKEA, if you're willing to put it together, you can cut some costs. I'm very willing. Lol  You all know my kitchen is my bug-a-boo, again, I see it oh so clearly in my mind's eye. Hubs and I already have picked out new plates and bowls. My pretty Pfaltzgraff tea rose collection will go into the hutch in the dining room. Also taking a corner hutch from my Dad's in NYC. He doesn't want it and it will go great in my kitchen. I am going to refresh it with a little help from HGTV. It's going to house my Moonlight Roses tea cups and saucers. I have 3 sets of tea cups now, and 2 butter plates. I have a tea for one set also. That and a cup & saucer were Chrimbo gifts from my extended family in Long Island and England. One day, when this is done, I would love them to see it. I smile when I look at them. It's just such a lovely pattern. So many ideas in my head,  now we just need to both be working to get this started. Hopefully we will get a tax refund again this year. That would be lovely. 
     Hubs made dinner tonight as I was feeling quite rough. I truly appreciate when he does this. He's a good cook too. He made this ground minced turkey with mixed veg. Served with brown rice and salad. Very tasty and he made so much. We have about 3 more nights dinner in the freezer. It's almost 1:45 in the morning and he just brought me tea. I'm loved. :-D.   By him and my close friends. Don't speak to them (friends not the hubs. Hehe) as much as I'd like but I'm not concerned. I will speak with them soon enough, seeing one this coming weekend. Maybe get to FaceTime others at some point. Not much going on, so I'm a bit boring. Lmao I put a pick on Instagram tonight that said, You don't meet people by accident.  I agree. They are in my life for beautiful reasons. I need honest people who can tell me when I'm an arse yet still love me. I will do the same for them. 
     Well peeps, I've rambled on enough. So I'm going to finish my tea and try to sleep. Ciao For Now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment