Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'm Back Home

     Well peeps, Happy New Year to you all. Here's to a great 2014.  Super short blog tonight, I just got back from a very unexpected hospital stay. Yes indeed, herself was diagnosed with pneumonia Sunday night, and admitted to her own room that very night. What fun! NOT!  I am now home but with another week of rest before I can go back in to work. So I got to watch the ball drop in New York's Times Square from my hospital room, with hubs by my side. They allowed people to stay which was nice. They even gave us a snack, lol. Oh it was cute, they came to take vital signs and handed me a lunch bag. Inside were 4 squares of honey graham crackers, some peanut butter, and a small container of skim milk. I shared mine with hubs. Watching the TV, I saw Miley Cyrus was present, at the festivities in Manhattan, although I give her props for having a brunette midget dressed in gold lame singing with her, I was also quite relieved she opted NOT to ride the new year's ball down. LMAO
     So I am home and trying to rest, but of course I'm online looking at cool recipes to cook. I am in the mood to bake bread. I find kneading the dough very therapeutic. I am also going through my own recipes modifying the sodium levels as I found that my blood pressure is still on a touch high side. I'm losing weight yes, but I'm not going to be taken down by something I can so easily control. I have cut it back already as I have found the market near me has such great fresh herbs. I went online and downloaded an herb book to use while cooking. Hubs is doing a huge project with the storeroom that started with having to install a hot water heater. 2014 IS going to be a good year for our home as well is seems. Since he is doing all this and he gets tired, I figure the least I can do is make some special things since I am home for a few days. I'm very old school that way, just how I was raised. Grandma especially told me always take care of your man. Lol yep Grandma. She always said we each have parts in relationships, they can switch but the basic fact is this. If both people think of the other person first, it will always work. I admit I can be selfish, in that I love to be watching tv at night and be brought in a cup of tea. But I do it back, like making something special, or drawing a bath. Or just giving needed space. I'm not always right, as a matter of fact, I have shitty timing, but I try. Hehehe
I think I would have been such a great 1950's housewife. BWAHAHAHA
      Wow, my first tangent of 2014! EPIC!! 😊 anyway peeps I'm out of here, so as I end my first blog of the new year. I wish you all, as always, ciao for now.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment