Friday, January 3, 2014

Second 2014 Blog Thoughts

     Well was hoping to get some stuff done today. I was told to relax now that I'm home from hospital. So I figured what harm could I cause going to the store? Wow was I wrong. As I mentioned to my friend, I was literally sitting in my car, trying to catch my breath. I felt fine! I really did, but my body thought it best to remind me if the warning to take it slow. I felt like crap the rest if the night. Hubs was a sweetie though. He cleared the table after dinner and even set up and ran the dishwasher.
     So I had planned on making a lovely glazed salmon dinner, the reason I went to the store. ( to get the salmon) but it has a few steps that I just was not up to doing so dinner was a simple hamburger, spinach prepped with fresh garlic & spices, beans and a huge salad. Also avocado slices, which I truly enjoy on my burger.

Simple meal, but I'm feeling stronger today,  so tonight we feast on salmon. Lmao. I am dork I know
     Last night I couldn't sleep. Lots on my mind plus damn leg cramps! So I walked them off, only to have another set about an hour later in the other leg. {rolling my eyes}  I tell you, I am so getting back to my gym routine. I have to wait a week or so, but hell the circuit isn't that taxing, the machines do most of the work. I just may have to forgo the rope weight pull. Treadmill will be slow I know but we will see. My Up band has no charge, I can't find my cable. ๐Ÿ˜ž but it's the doing that counts. I'm back to recording my meals also. I find that for me personally it helps a great deal. As long as I'm honest. I was taking in 1310 calories a day, but for some reason when I synced my Up band, the website "My Fitness Pal" lowered me to 1200 and change. No biggie really but I wonder why. All for the greater good though, right. I like being able to walk further without getting out of breath ( not NOW of course lol) and I like the smaller size I am wearing. But if anything the main reason is too get fit. I am borderline high blood pressure. I do not want to take medicine for this during my lifetime. Nor do I want to become diabetic. Kind of surprised I'm not, but I'm watching my sweets carefully for awhile now. Admittedly, I was not always as good as I should have been over the holidays. Clothes all still fit but I'd like them to now get bigger on me.
      I have 2 friends who are quitting smoking this month. I wish them well. I know it is a hard thing to give up. I've been told by a person I used to work with, it was the hardest thing he ever did. It's  one thing I never really got into. I did for about a month, back when I started college. I was 18 and my friend and I would go hang out between classes. One thing lead to another and I found myself smoking. It didn't take and after a month or so, I just stopped. Now put something sweet I front of me and damn, watch me go. Hahaha. We all have our weakness, sweets are mine. OH - And bread. Fuck I can do some damage to bread. To Hell with the meal. Give me some cocktails, and hot crusty bread, with a dipping oil and I am all set! (Wipes drool off keyboard)
WHY IS ALL THE GOOD STUF BAD FOR YOU?!  Or is it? I don't think so. What's bad is no control on how much you have of it.  See I'm like this with other things too. They don't show on me though. Lol I listen to music as much as possible. I also love sex. I could have it everyday, one way or another and never tire of it! I love theater and art. Planning a trip into DC with a friend at work to hit up the museums very soon. So many things to feast on in this world. I plan on devouring England later this year! Staying with friends also, which makes it so much better. Hey look, I'm on my second
blog of the new year and it's the first time I mentioned England! See I'm not obsessed about it. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Well peeps, I'm going to do a bit of light housecleaning, as it snowed last night (did I mention that?) and it's much warmer in here than outside. I love snow though, and would play in it in a heartbeat, if I wasn't afraid of a relapse. I was also threatened ( and promised) with an ass kicking if I didn't heed the doctors advice (๐Ÿ˜˜ thank you dear) so I'm out of here, but I'll be back. So I will say, ciao for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment