Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oh Sunday, Day Of Rest My Ass

     So it's been awhile peeps, mea culpa. Can you believe I am finally just now starting to feel like myself. So what's been happening in Mary world? Aside from heading back to work, the days are status quo. I was so happy to be back at work, and was welcomed with big smiles, and hugs from several people. My manager and director being two of them. 😀.  As luck, well my luck, would have it. I went out Thursday morning and my car wouldn't start, so back into the house and woke my hubs up to drive me in. In hindsight it was a good thing as I was a bit winded that day.and as it turns out the next day it was sleet and freezing rain so he drove me in again. LOL This weekend hubs gave me a jump and it started. It had sat for almost two weeks in below zero freezing temps. So, I did my errands and hubs is going to check the battery life and see if I need a new one. I wouldn't doubt it. This car has 94,000K miles on it and I replaced the battery only once, years ago. Pearl has given me many happy miles with very little issue. Let's continue this until I get my new car hehehehe
      So I must tell you, I've been on a cooking spree. I've been making healthy meals by taking ingredients and tweaking them to make the food better for us. I've made my meatloaf with homemade ketchup that has no sugar in it. I've made spaghetti with oil & garlic, but used whole wheat pasta and added grilled chicken and broccoli to cut down on the pasta portion of the meal. Plus olive oil is a good fat for you. All in moderation. I've grilled chicken and veggies and I am even freezing meals . Right now I have another meatloaf cooking that I will cut into servings and freeze. I now have about 12 meats in serving portions frozen so we can eat healthy during the week. This way I or hubs takes out the meat to defrost during the day then I steam some fresh veg to go with it. No more drive thru meals sans the occasional grilled chicken salad from Chick Fil A as I do like that one quite a lot. ☺️
     The other night I got naked and took a pic of me sitting on the edge of the bed looking at the full length mirror.  I then put it on my computer and gave it a good long stare. Okay I can see a change in my body. I admit the belly hang is not as low as it was a year ago. There is a space now between belly and top of thighs. Even the lady parts are now visible, haha! Legs look better as well. I was pleased but I have so much more work to do. Like I said, I'm not aiming for thin. I don't want thin. I want curvy. I like meat on bones. That goes for men and women both. I think envy one should be happy in the skin they are in, no matter what size they are actually. It's a personal preference for me. I will get there. I plan on another pic in a few months to see the change. I am trying to be truthful in my view of myself. Which is why a pic works better than just looking in the mirror. Looking in the mirror you can actually fool yourself, but dayum, that camera does not lie. And it does not hide anything. But that's what I want, I want to be honest to myself. I can make excuses for just about anything but really it does no good to kid oneself. So I'm not. I really was super critical. Hubs bless him, said I was being too hard on myself but he sees me differently anyway. Although I've never been shy about being naked. I love naked, feels good. Swimming ( well standing in a pool for me 😜) feels great on the body. Love it!!!
     So hopefully I can get to the gym soon. Doctor on Saturday is still not giving me a green light for it. How the hell long is this going to take?! So I. The meantime, I'm doing leg lifts in bed and marching in place before bed. You know, keeping my ass in gear. LMAO
      Listening to a group right now called Rae & Christian, just chillin' while my food cooks in the oven. Did some shopping, prepped 3 sets of meals, did laundry and now just sitting down to have a nice cup of tea. The music, and the tea, along with the cat purring at my feet is making me a happy bunny at the moment. Going to enjoy this while it lasts. My thoughts are on friends not present and hoping they are all having a great weekend. Oh check it! Speaking of friends. I have several who are going to be traveling to Finland in a few weeks to see the northern lights. There is a place that has glass igloo dwellings so you can loom right out and sleep under the lights pretty much. How amazing that is going to be. I hope they take a video for us not so lucky folks. Lol They do so many cool things, well maybe to me they seem so cool because I have not done them. I mean I have done some neat things. Come on now, I went to the groundhog ball and saw the groundhog come out on groundhogs day years ago. Epic right?? BWAHAHAHA. But I've never gone anywhere as cool as the Northern lights or ridden a camel. Hell I've only been on a plane 3x in my life. They work hard and deserve the fun, but I'm a little jealous of the coolness of it. I a good way though. Again, as I've said, I'm that sows ear waiting to be made into that silk purse. Okay silk backpack! ( more my style 😉) I will, I know it!   I'm deny no one anything, we all must work for what we have. I consider myself lucky to know these uber cool folks. All my friends are cool. They all have had struggles that they have handled like bosses. I'm proud of my friends, and I'm striving to be someone they can be proud of as well. Love them and love myself unconditionally finally. Yes it's been a good Sunday
     So I will end here peeps and say as I always do, ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. A video ??? ..OMG.....aaaaargh of the Northern Lights... sorry got carried away then !

    ReplyDelete