Monday, January 6, 2014

What Do Fat Chicks Eat?

     The answer may surprise you. Of course I can only go from personal experience and a few random  items I've seen on other blogs.   For starters, let's just say, they (I) eat the exact same thing that everyone else eats. See we all need nourishment. Problem is that unlike drugs or alcohol, when food becomes an issue, you can't just quit cold turkey. So this presents a hurdle from the start.  You can go the fast food route, and yes, if you stick with grilled chicken salads you can be fairly decent in the calories, but still the sodium is way too high. So keeping that at a minimum, you trudge over to the grocery store. You have a warrior view of divide and concur these aisles. Walking past the cookies and the cakes. Stopping at the fresh veg, and the "good for you" carbs. Sweet potatoes, not white. Brown rice, not white. Whole wheat breads, not white. Diets sure are prejudice!  But one reaches over the "bad" food to get to the good.  Pardon the tangent,  but that's something else I've noticed. Stores stock the "bad" food at eye level. Well most peoples eye level, being short mine is a bit off. They are pushing the high sugar, high fat items right at you. Those bastards!!!!  Going forward, I struggle to get to the items I need, on tip toe or wait for someone to get them for me, should they be on top shelves.  So when I'm satisfied I have all I came for, I go check out.  I end up with two bags and the cost? Somewhere near $90.00. Yes dieting is costly. No wonder here in the USA, at least, so many people are overweight. It's just cheaper and easier to buy fast food or get those eye level items. But it's for me and I'm worth it right?
     So getting back to what we eat. My fridge has, lean ground beef, fish and chicken. Also eggs, 1% milk! low fat string cheese! assorted yogurts. All good stuff. Now here comes the second half of the diet fun. Unlike driving through and getting your food handed to you from a little window, you actually need to prepare all this good healthy food.  SAY WHAT!? I have to cook too?  Sigh, and truthfully, this is the point where some folks do fail. But this round chick has sworn she won't this time. ( notice the this time, I've been down this road before) This past year has shown that I can do this and for once I'm not getting bored with it. Not really, but still the cooking.  Now I love to cook, as any of those on my Twitter feed can tell you. It's often a oh look, she posted her dinner (AGAIN!!)  I know it's silly but it actually helps me keep on track. Seeing what I'm preparing helps me stay the course.  No pun intended. Lol so yes us fat people eat all the same things, but we are more selective because we have to be. Gone are the days of going to a diner at 4 in the morning after a night of partying. It happens occasionally now, sure it does. But oh man, do you feel it more.
     I will spare you pics of what I've been cooking, sorry to those who have not been so fortunate. LMAO  oh and for the record, I drink occasionally, I eat sweets occasionally, I eat bread ( early in the day only) and yes I eat candy also. It's sugar free candy, which if you eat too much, it makes you poop. I try never to eat too much. 😉
     So there ya have it peeps. I'm no different than any of you, yet I'm often singled out. Is that fair? No but that's life.  I'm going to be the best I can be because hell, if people are going to loom at me, I'm going to give them something to look at.  A new tattoo is in the works also. Next few months me thinks. 😀. Ciao for now







No comments:

Post a Comment