Thursday, September 11, 2014

Somber Day For So Many Reasons

     First and foremost of course is that today marks the 13 year of the attacks on NYC Twin Towers World Trade Center.  I remember these towers being built as a young gal. The company my Mother worked for quickly moved into them and she worked there for years. Oh how I loved to visit her -  to see the clouds beneath us as I looked out of the window. I know people who lost friends there. These people are NYers and English. This was not just an attack on America, yes that was the main focus, but it was an insult and terrorist attack on countries all over the world. It was felt by everyone. I am looking at tributes today and I am fighting back tears.
     I was reading last night about the people who "jumped" out the windows. They were gasping for air. Now I ask you this? If you had the choice of breathing and falling knowing the end would be instant OR falling into a fiery furnace that was eating away at the floor whee you stood what would your choice be.  I know what mine would be. I would want to fly out and breathe in air. They say the speed of the fall was not enough to lose consciousness but was enough to positively say that you would be dead on impact.  I'm getting teary at the thought of having to make that choice. The fear these people must have felt, its beyond horrific. I will never get over this and each year its like puling off a band aid to reveal the sore again only to put another band aid on until next year.
    My next reason is that today I just found out that someone I worked with here for years, committed suicide. His funeral is today. he was a bit of an odd duck, walked to the beat of his own drum for sure. I got upset with him on several occasions but then finding out that he had OCD and AHAD and then it all made sense. He really tried in his way.  He had a bad leg and walked with a limp yet he would run for cancer or run for other awareness groups. You had to respect that. I asked him once and he said why not I can run? Why nit help those that can't?  Yep respect that. This sad news was the cherry on the sundae so to speak. Hopefully we have god news later on, wil inform you all after the fact as not to jinx it.

So on this day of remembrance I want to say to those I love. You all know who you are. That you are important to me, you matter to me, your health and welfare matter and that I love you all. So if I'm too pushy or crazed at times it's really just a weird sense of affection because I cant be there with you all the time.
 Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment