Sunday, October 13, 2013

Another Year Older, We'll See About The Wiser

     So yes, happy birthday to me. As we celebrate the years we live, we are supposed to gain the wisdom of the ages. I am indeed smarter in many ways, but sometimes I often can relate to the phrase in the song by Don Henley. " The more I know the less I understand" it makes sense to me know.  Things happen and I tend to overthink. I do so well, then for some reason I backtrack. I had a conversation with a friend (briefly) on this. I had had the same conversation with myself earlier that day. I mentally slapped my head, to knock the sense back in.
      I realize people are going to do what they will, nothing I can do or have any right to try and sway. Thing is if they were any different I wouldn't feel the way I do about them. I love my friends just as they are. And I love them even more for staying my friends despite the way I am.
       I have to admit that this past Saturday, although not the day we planned, went well. We got up, showered and went out for breakfast. We went to a place called Cracker Barrel. It's a very cool place as the entire front is a cool old fashioned store, with old time candies and lotions. Plus of course cool toys and gadgets. They already had Christmas stuff up which took me by surprise, it IS October only. But found some cute things for Halloween. The food is pioneer family food. Lots of ham, sausage, bacon sides with eggs, grits and fried apples and don't forget the biscuits and sausage gravy. I mean buttermilk style soft scones not biscuits as in sweets. I ordered a sunrise sampler (2 eggs) with a side of turkey bacon. When they brought it to the table it also included were side orders of these grits, biscuits, fried apples, and a cheesy hash brown casserole side.  I ate one biscuit, there were 2, the eggs, 1 slice of bacon, spoon of apples, half the grits and ashamed to admit it but the whole side of hash browns. They were good. Lol but damn if I'm not paying for it today. Dinner was salmon, quite healthy with a salad but then there was the pumpkin creme brûlée (which they put a candle in for my birthday) so as I waddled home at the end of the night I was beyond full. I even got a free bottle of beer (for my birthday) from the guy at the wine and beer shop. So today I have eaten very little. Tummy not happy with me, I don't blame it. Lmao. Tomorrow us back to the gym.
      Oh speaking of the gym, I went Saturday and after my shower I forgot to put my wrist monitor on so of course I did not track my moves.  Tomorrow I will remember!
      I also had a bit of an issue with a friend who I have known for years, been through so much with. Talked all night with, laughed, cried and supported, yet I heard nothing from him to say Happy Birthday. I was hurt, I admit it. He texted me today and wished me a happy day saying he had no internet for any length if time. All good. But his hubby was on Facebook, several times. They go on outings together so I'm I'm a bit curious, but will speak to him as it's too much for texting. Ah I'm being petty I guess. Especially considering my old roommates whom I lived with for ten years didn't comment either. It's just me, I comment on everything. Lol but that's me, not everyone. See overthink!!! I'm weird just leave it at that, BUT,  I mean well in things.
       So there will be more but I'm getting up at 5 so I'm going to sleep. So ciao for now. 😄😄

No comments:

Post a Comment